[TV] WOL when connection to TV-server is lost. (1 Viewer)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Use the Multishortcut plugin - this will put a new "plugin" menu on your MP Client. You can then use this menu item to call the batch routine.

cgibson33

Portal Member
    March 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I need this feature as well. Server is main laptop at the moment, and someone could put it to sleep while mediaportal client is running. Going into TV section, I need the Wake on LAN command sent.

cgibson33

Portal Member
    March 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey guys, WOL Power manager plugin seems to do the trick for 1.2.2 !
    I just had to click the "use IP address instead of domain" box to get it to work.

DaHitMan

Portal Member
    February 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same problem here. i want my tvserver to suspend when not in use and to wake up upon entering tv-section on the client.

cgibson33: what exactly works now? which mp version are you working on?

DaHitMan

Portal Member
    February 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    gibber: thanks for the info. i tried it but upon installation or configuration of the plugin i get the error: device not ready. so i have not been able to try functionality

gibber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    DaHitMan: Plugin is working great for me. I did think of one thing: For mediaportal configuration, in "tv, tv client, general settings tab", I Have the Wake server on Lan option selected, which wakes up server when mediaportal starts. Try that, and then try to setup the plugin again.
    Setup instructions:
    http://code.google.com/p/wol-powermanager/wiki/SetupPlugin

How far did you get into the configuration before getting the error message? For example, were you able to add the server name on the first tab, or does the message appear as soon as you try to open the configuration dialog boxes?
    Have you confirmed that your server is set-up to wake-up using Wake-on-Lan packets?

If you continue to have problems, contact jojo1411 (plugin creator).

DaHitMan

Portal Member
    February 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    gibber: thanks for your answer. The option "wake server as needed" in the tv setion of the client configuration was set and it also works (tvserver wakes up when i start mp)
    the error message pops up when install is finished and also as soon as i select config of the plugin.

cgibson33

Portal Member
    March 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    DaHitMan: sounds like a question for the plugin creator. Did you install the correct version (plugins made for MePo 1.2 and later don't work with earlier versions of MePo and vice-versa)

DaHitMan

Portal Member
    February 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    cgibson33: already contacted jojo1411. plugin version i used was 0.3.0.0 with MP 1.2.2. so this should be the right combination.
    Maybe the problem is caused by 64 bit Windows. Is any of you guys using win 7 x64?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom