Won't Authorize Account (5 Viewers)

mickb

Portal Pro
June 8, 2005
Travelling Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi, Trakt has work perfectly for me for over 10 years, but for some reason this week it will not Authorize my account. I can log onto my account through their website but if i try to Authorize it via the plugin app in MP it fails. I went into the MP configurator and tried there as well, but it is the same, though it did briefly bring up the QR Code before failing. I have attached the Trakt Log file in the hope that someone can assist with this. Thanks in advance, Mick

Attachments

• TraktPlugin log 3 oct.txt
    1.6 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi @mickb, follow these steps:

1. Open your C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPorta.xml file for editing
    2. Search for UseSSL
    3. Change the value of no to yes
    4. Restart MediaPortal / configuration

mickb

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2005
    Travelling Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thank you Itfearme for the very quick reply. I will try this as soon as i get back home. With Step 4, do I just restart MP or do I run the external MP configurator tool, or do I reauthorize Trakt from the plugin with MP running as i have previously when it was needed?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Mick

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey Mick,

you can either authorise from the configuration tool or from inside MediaPortal. Whatever suits.

Cheers
    Damien

mickb

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2005
    Travelling Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just gave it a try. The file location did not have the file you mentioned. I assumed it was a typo and the file name is not MediaPorta.xml but MediaPortal.xml. Unfortunately the file in that location was MediaPortal.xml.bak. I edited it, but as it is a backup file I wasn't expecting it to work and it didn't. Any thoughts on what or where the file is? Your ongoing help is appreciated.

mickb

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2005
    Travelling Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi, I have attached screen shots of the contents of the "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" directory as well as the search results for MediaPortal.xml for "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" and all sub-directories. Would the best approach to be to uninstall and reinstall the plugin, as it was working prior to about a week ago?

Cheers

Mick

Attachments

• Mediaportal xml search screenshot.png
      Mediaportal xml search screenshot.png
      141.9 KB
    • MediaPortal Directory Screenshot.png
      MediaPortal Directory Screenshot.png
      117 KB

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You have the "MediaPortal.xml" file in the folder (Not the .bak file). It is the MediaPortal file with the Edge logo (second screenshot). Your system hides the file extension, that's why you to do see the ".xml". Open this file with a text editor, like Notepad or Notepad++ and follow the instructions of @ltfearme

Reinstall of the plugin would not change anything.

1. Close MediaPortal and the Mediaportal Configuration
    2. Open your C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml file for editing (Notepad or NotePad++)
    3. Search for UseSSL
    4. Change the value of no to yes and save the file
    5. Start MediaPortal / configuration and authorize MediaPortal within trakt.

mickb

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2005
    Travelling Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi fischy667, thanks for the response. Should have thought of looking for hidden files. Made the necessary amendments and all good. Thanks for all responses the community is great at assisting those with issues and that is why MP is such a popular program for home mediacentres.

Thanks again

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    as it was working prior to about a week ago?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom