working on new MP Upnp Renderer process plugin (1 Viewer)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi hierl_w,

really an awesome plugin!!!! Was watching something like this for a long time.. So thanks a lot for sharing this..

Music and pictures are working very good! I only can't play video's yet, and I don't know why..

I'm using:

-Samsung Galaxy SIII with BubbleUPnP (trial version for now)
    -MP 1.3.A with latest version of this plugin.

I'm always getting the message: can't play ....MP4 and when I enable the option: "chache MP4_Files (workaround)" then Mediaportal is freezing.. And the screen goes black.. On my Phone I'm getting the message; "Action time-out"

The system is able to play MP4 files in by example OnlineVideos just fine..

Do you have any idea what to do??

EDIT: I have tested an .avi file and that was is working fine.. I only can't pause it, don't know if that should be?

Anyone please?

hierl_w

Portal Member
    February 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    for sure there are still problems with playing mp4 videos. But I already tried different ways starting the file-url within mp. I also asked in the forum but didn't got really help for this problem. I should start a new forum thread about this.
    For me, playing avi was always fine. I will check the avi pause problem, in the past it worked for me.

Which codec do you use?
    Can you please try different codecs?[DOUBLEPOST=1345667764][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Dear hierl_w,
    Is it possible to change the icon?
    Thanks
    sorry, not for now. If there are more requests for this feature, I will think about it.

zaxxa

Portal Member
    December 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi hierl_w,
    are you sure? but with the xmp2 file and Mediaportal extension maker it should be possible. I opened and I looked where you can change.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello,
    for sure there are still problems with playing mp4 videos. But I already tried different ways starting the file-url within mp. I also asked in the forum but didn't got really help for this problem. I should start a new forum thread about this.
    For me, playing avi was always fine. I will check the avi pause problem, in the past it worked for me.

Which codec do you use?
    Can you please try different codecs?[DOUBLEPOST=1345667764][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Dear hierl_w,
    Is it possible to change the icon?
    Thanks
    sorry, not for now. If there are more requests for this feature, I will think about it.

Are MP4 videos working fine for you than? Maybe you can explain wich settings, apps and settings you are using.. I'm using the default LAV codecs from MP 1.3 Alpha.. All other videos (including MP4) are working just fine.. Only with Upnp it doesn't work..[DOUBLEPOST=1345712263][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hi hierl_w,
    are you sure? but with the xmp2 file and Mediaportal extension maker it should be possible. I opened and I looked where you can change.

I'm sory, but what's exactly the problem? What's wrong with the icon of the plugin? :confused: Please let's focus on serious things, and set the priority to the functionality of this plugin..

hierl_w

Portal Member
    February 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello guys,

sorry that I still coudn't solve some of the problems.

For the moment I am in conversation with offbyone, he already gave really helpful hints.

A short current problem state:
    -playing AVI video could not be paused: I'm still investigating this, perhaps it is a threading or a mp problem. so not easy to solve for me...
    -playing mp4-urls: this is a problem of mp, which is already in work for V1.3. In OnlineVideo offbyone created an own player to solve this problems.
    If solved soon in mp, I will wait to V1.3. If not, I will try to integrate the OV player.

bye.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Awesome news! Upnp is really a feature that should be included in a (very) future release of MP. XBMC has this allready included for a while.. It's so awesome to watch your video recordings of your phone directly in Mediaportal, and also for music and pictures it s really awesome.. If my parants are visiting me I can show them my holliday pictures right on the TV.. And if my friend or my girlfriend is chilling at my place they can play there own music right on my speakers.. And they can skip tracks just with Mediaportal and see on the screen wich track is playing..

I really love this plugin!!

So thanks alot for contributing this and good luck with developing!!

hierl_w

Portal Member
    February 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here is a test version where I hopefully solved the problem with playing mp4 video files.
    Please give me feedback if it works for you...

I added a solution from OV plugin by just adding ".mplayer" at the end of video urls.
    But I don't really understand why this works.
    For me the mp4-Video starts directly now, so the "cache mp4" is further not needed.

Just copy the unzipped dll to your process plugin directory e.g.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process

The pause problem with video files is still existing.
    But I'm still working on it...

bye

Attachments

• MP_UpnpRenderer_V2.3_alpha.zip
      119.7 KB

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the update.. I'm trying to play some MP4 videos but it still doesn't work here.. I'm using BubbleUPnP.. Music and pictures are working fine, but only playing videos doesn't work..

I'm getting this screen in Mediaportal when I try to play a MP4 file:

Attachments

• mp4.jpg
      mp4.jpg
      46.7 KB

cane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2007
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    First of all thanks you for the plugin, cool and useful.
    Tried your test version, pictures and mp3 are working but mp4 still not, tested using BubbleUPnP and iMediaShare.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom