Working simultaneously with the PC (2 Viewers)

mac31416

December 4, 2006
Hello:

I'd like to know if anyone has come with a solution to watch videos, pictures, etc, in the main display with MP and simultaneously being able to work in another display (for example, a virtual one with UltraVNC) with some other application. I'm mainly thinking in maintenance tasks, not having a second video renderer over the virtual display.

For example, it would be great to have the family watching movies while you can simultaneously manage downloads or back-up remotely.

Best regards

Flerbizky

Portal Pro
July 18, 2005
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Since XP has a Remote Desktop feature, this can be done. Only thing is, if you log in with a remote session, you log off who ever is using the PC locally...

Though - I've heard of a hack that'll allow both local and remote users to be logged on...

Cheers,
/Steff

quiller

Portal Pro
November 28, 2006
Nebraska
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
link to said patch. It was developed by Microsoft for SP2, but then taken out by the final release date. Windows Server uses don't have to worry, since terminal services are enabled by default.

mac31416

December 4, 2006
Yes, that's it !! Absolutely wonderful. Many thanks for your help. I don't understand why Microsoft didn't release that, it's one of the things Linux has already integrated. Oh, wait, I know.... that's only available in Vista 2034 Server Platinum edition or whatever !!

Thanks again, guys.

quiller

Portal Pro
November 28, 2006
Nebraska
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
It's a legal and money issue, once again. If people could use XP Pro, with multiple sessions, Microsoft loses money, and it also violates the "I'll only use this license on one computer" agreement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom