Works like a charm!!! (1 Viewer)

Tweek

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This is (just) a great THANX!! to all of you in the MP dev team as well as all folks taking the time to help out in the forums.

I've been using a HTPC w/ MP for three years now. IMHO no commercial product can ever get close to a community-project like this. Of course i have (and will) put a lot of time in problem solving and tweaking but at least i get what i want. I admit that there have been times when i've (not to mention the wife!) sworn over some error i couldn't solve and considered getting that thingy that they tell you can do everything for only 500$, but i endured (after all, they never work).
    Today i have a TV-server that feeds my HTPC and a fileserver for everything stored. It works like a charm, even the wife likes it. It's simple enough for a child to handle, actually i have several friends who would gladly pay for a system like mine. Not that mine is particularily fancy, it just works.

I could go on forever about the good things with MP but i'll stop here and finish with another big THANK YOU GUYS!!

//Jesper

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Always great to hear from a happy costumer!

The devs. deserve all the thanks and encouragement they can get.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Nice to hear Tweek.

My 2.5 year old boy already knows how to start the HTPC in order to watch cartoons on TV ..
    He has done that for I think 6 months now (being able to start the lot all by himself.)

The secret is;

1) use the "remember last active module" feature
    2) before shutting down the htpc in the evening, remember to set the channel to "cartoon network" or similar.
    3) now while TV is running fullscreen, hibernate it (remote power button).

Now the only thing he does in the morning is to hit the power button on the HTPC case and he sits down in front of the telly :)

It makes me giggle everytime.

/gibman

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom