WorldNews plugin v1.4.0 for MediaPortal 1.6.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Germany Germany
Country flag
Hi @Luca Brasi,
... Yeah sure it is fine for me, I am greatful for your work either way! ...
to reduce the configuration effort for you, I've added a new functionality to import news feed definitions from OPML files. As far as I know, the feedly service offers a solution to export your settings into a file of this type.
For testing purposes, you can also use the attached file example.

Cheers, Micropolis

Attachments

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Italy Italy
    Country flag
    Same error of Luca.

Also, my feedly.opml is slightly different from your (I do not have the <outline text = "..."> section), and then I had to change it manually to import data
    My debug.txt file and my original feedly.opml attached.

Regards,
    xavier.

Attachments

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi xavier,
    ...(I do not have the <outline text = "..."> section ...
    ok, then the feedly export file does not follow or implement the OPML specification correctly. I'll check your and the issue from @Luca Brasi today in the evening and give feedback as soon as possible.

Cheers, Micropolis

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi @Micropolis,
    it is working now! Thanks!
    Are you planing to extend the import so that more than one profile/feed can be imported at once?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hello @Luca Brasi, @xavier,
    ... Are you planing to extend the import so that more than one profile/feed can be imported at once?...
    yesterday in the evening I had a little smile because I expected exactly this request. So here we go, version 0.8.12 can be downloaded from the well known places. To import multiple feeds from OPML files, open the respective dialog, hold down the Ctrl key and select each feed you want to import. Please be aware, that this type of import will overwrite all previous profiles completely.
    When I see the number of feeds used by you, does it makes sense to think again more about the maximum number of profiles, which can be handled by WorldNews?

Cheers, Micropolis

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    yesterday in the evening I had a little smile because I expected exactly this request.
    :) yeah, of course you did! it's always a pleasure to lighten up a devs live with user's wishes... I got pretty good at that :)

So here we go, version 0.8.12
    You're great, thanks! It works completely as I wished for.

does it makes sense to think again more about the maximum number of profiles, which can be handled by WorldNews?
    Oh yeah it does. If you don't see any problems with performance or alike I would set it to something way higher than 10...

Thanks again mate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    joecrow 1.25.0 Radio Time plugin fails after Resume from Sleep with MP 1.25 Bugreports 4
    P MP2: US user, OTA - can NOT get SchedulesDirect plugin to work on MP1 or MP2 --> how do I get OTA schedule? General 5
    E aktuelle englische Forums Webseite von - Showtime Plugin v3 Plugins & Erweiterungen 4
    mrmojo666 [Tv Server Plugin ]Direct Show Video Control Plugin 0.0.0.1 for Hauppauge PVR cards MediaPortal 1 Plugins 0
    joecrow MultiShortcut Plugin (Uavailable) in DWHD skin General Support 58
    vapourEyes Building TV Plugin General Development (no feature request here!) 49
    Golf4 Nach Windows-Updates läuft TV-Plugin nicht mehr Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    joecrow How about a Launcher plugin for MP1? MediaPortal 1 6
    D [solved] TVServer Plugin must be missing something. General Development (no feature request here!) 1
    framug Nouveau plugin XmlTvFR pour récupérer le guide télé français Kazer / ZguideTv (WebEPGfr) 11
    emphatic Allow remote control mapping of all plugins Improvement Suggestions 0
    D Where should plugins be located on hard drive? General Support 0
    D how to disengage from one version of a plugin to use another Newcomers Forum 0
    cbr954rr How to disable a pre-configured plugin? General 2
    mrmojo666 [Plugin]Marantz Control Plugin 0.0.0.2 MediaPortal 1 Plugins 2
    mrmojo666 beginner: trying to write a plugin, need help to catch event General Development (no feature request here!) 3
    framug [Rejected] Fix PowerScheduler plugin for MP2 single seat Submit: Code Patches 9
    doskabouter [Question] Stale plugins Developer Discussions 9
    M MP1 stops responding after Starting Plugins General Support 14
    Terra LAVFilter Plugin cannot be updated (MP1.23) MediaPortal 1 Plugins 10
    L Mediaportal 1.21 and Windows 10: user schedules de-activated when powerscheduler plugin is selected General Support 1
    C Can the XmlTv Plugin handle 600+ channels? General 3
    M Online Video Plugin V.2.32 keine Installtion unter MediaPortal 1.22 ? TV / Streaming 3
    emphatic Pictures in the cloud - would a plugin be possible for services like Google Photos MediaPortal 1 Plugins 1
    C where is the Online Videos plugin General Support 1