WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello!
    In BasicHome Screen you have to look in BasicHome.xml I think.

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I got a problem with the plugin...
    When I use Current Condition set to Yahoo, I got no weather at all. But when I set it to Google I got weather the condition...
    Someone got an idea about what can be wrong?

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i see that you entered SEXX0020 as City Code for Malmoe (SWE) . If i go to weather.com and search for the citycode de it tells me that Malmoe has SWXX0020.
    Maybe you entered the citycode wrong and google doesn`t care about it, but yahoo does? Do you got the same problem with all locations you entered?

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

i see that you entered SEXX0020 as City Code for Malmoe (SWE) . If i go to weather.com and search for the citycode de it tells me that Malmoe has SWXX0020.
    Maybe you entered the citycode wrong and google doesn`t care about it, but yahoo does? Do you got the same problem with all locations you entered?

Thanks! :) That did the trick!

Cruzer

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have a slight problem here. The plugin thinks it's yesterday. I'm running the latest version and streamedmp. I did run the beta before this with no problems.

Am I being dumb? :confused:

Where did you get the skin files for StreamedMP?

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...dweather-plugin-new-update-07-02-2012.103449/

Don't see anything here for 0.50, just for 0.45. I don't think they have released anything yet.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    The configuration entry "RefreshUpdateAfterResume" is an old setting flag from a nightly build, which will be not used any longer. Both image related settings are stored in the configuration entries "RefreshForceImageUpdates" and "RefreshForceResumeUpdates".
    It sounds as though "RefreshForceResumeUpdates" should do what I want, which is to update my images when I resume from hibernate.

Weather images will be reloaded each time if you open WorldWeather and after location changes. Otherwise the plugin looks into the plugin image cache and displays the existing one. This was implemented to minimize the network traffic. To force the image download currently, you can use the refresh button (if supported in your favourite skin).
    DefaultWide is my favorite skin. I'm not aware of a "Refresh" button, neither in the skin, nor on my remote (emulating an MCE remote).

The option "force image refresh" is slightly misleading labeled, a better explanation was "force image refresh after startup of MediaPortal", it doesn't mean the automatic reload of weather images. This could be implemented if required.
    That sounds encouraging, but I'm hoping that "RefreshForceResumeUpdates" is already enough.

Thanks again for your great work (not to mention the great support)!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi rsbrux,
    ... I'm not aware of a "Refresh" button, neither in the skin, nor on my remote (emulating an MCE remote)...

After taking a look into the published default wide skin files, you can change the visibility condition for this button by yourself.
    Open the file worldweather.xml, goto line 99 and change the code
    Code:
          <control>
            <description>Refresh</description>
            <type>button</type>
            <id>9</id>
            <label>Refresh</label>
            <onup>4</onup>
            <ondown>10</ondown>
            <visible>string.equals(#WorldWeather.View,Condition)+!string.equals(#WorldWeather.ConditionView,Graphic)+!string.equals(#WorldWeather.ConditionView,Hour)</visible>
          </control>

to your needs.

Cheers, Micropolis

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    After taking a look into the published default wide skin files, you can change the visibility condition for this button by yourself.
    Open the file worldweather.xml, goto line 99 and change the code
    After looking at the code I realize the refresh button was there all along, just on the entry ("condition") screen, and not on the "images" screen, where I was looking for it. Since the "Force refresh after system resume" option is doing just what I wanted, I am happy to leave things as is.
    The network connection popup is also gone. Hopefully this is due to the "Expert Settings", "At startup, wait..." and "After resume, wait...", both of which I have set to 30 seconds. I am planning to put my HTPC back on DHCP, since my router is too stupid to add my HTPC to its DNS tables otherwise.
    If I had a wish at this point, it would be for easier access to the "Expert Settings". Both MP Configuration and the plugin configuration for PowerScheduler++ use a simple checkbox on the first page/tab of the configuration dialog to control access to advanced settings. You may want to consider adopting this paradigm the next time you make changes to the configuration GUI.
    Thanks again, and keep up the good work!

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I finally finished the Hourly forecast views. =)
    2.jpg3.jpg

Thanks to the new fontengine.dll and a much bigger thanks to Micropolis for this perfect plugin!
    The last thing that would be nice to have is 10 days weather forecast, but I don't know if any weather provider offer this for free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom