WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (3 Viewers)

theidiot

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    Thanks for the instareply. It's not urgent just irksome. :)

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Basic home screen\weather. It shows today as yesterday. It is still Tuesday. It's shown the wrong day all day

*edit* I mean it's Wedneday today and it thinks it's Tuesday. I've checked all the obvious (to me) things and I can't see where the problem is. The timezone is correct within the plugin and the pc's time is right. It's always been ok until I installed the updated plugin. Which I've now done a few times.

Any pointers appreciated.
    For me it doesn't look like there's an error. The first column shows the current weather and the second (in this case "Wednesday") the forecast of the current day...

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yup, the problem here is that the properties for the forecast start with Day0.
    If you use the properties for the forecast starting with Day1 (up to Day4), then "Today" will show todays weather and the rest the weather forecast for the following 4 days ;)

Cruzer

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have a slight problem here. The plugin thinks it's yesterday. I'm running the latest version and streamedmp. I did run the beta before this with no problems.

Am I being dumb? :confused:

Where did you get the skin files for StreamedMP?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi rsbrux,

... After looking at this section, I found the "Expert Settings" "at startup wait ..." and "after resume wait ...", which will probably take care of the popup about the internet connection. I also enabled "Force image refresh", which I hope will help with the image refresh issue I reported. "Force refresh after system resume" was already enabled (see attached).
    What puzzles me is that even after doing this, the tag below, which look as though it should correspond to the latter setting, is still set to "no": <entry name="RefreshUpdateAfterResume">no</entry>. Even after saving and closing Configuration.

Am I misinterpreting this entry or is it not being saved properly? ...

The configuration entry "RefreshUpdateAfterResume" is an old setting flag from a nightly build, which will be not used any longer. Both image related settings are stored in the configuration entries "RefreshForceImageUpdates" and "RefreshForceResumeUpdates".

... Lastly, I have noticed that the weather images I have defined generally don't get loaded when I expect them to. For example, I would expect the first image listed to be automatically reloaded when I switch from "Condition" to "Weather Images", or at least when I reselect the location. However, I find that the refresh doesn't take place until I first change to another location and then reselect the location I am interested in. Is this a plugin issue or a skin issue? ...

Weather images will be reloaded each time if you open WorldWeather and after location changes. Otherwise the plugin looks into the plugin image cache and displays the existing one. This was implemented to minimize the network traffic. To force the image download currently, you can use the refresh button (if supported in your favourite skin).
    The option "force image refresh" is slightly misleading labeled, a better explanation was "force image refresh after startup of MediaPortal", it doesn't mean the automatic reload of weather images. This could be implemented if required.

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi bearhntr,
    ... My Sunrise and Sunset times are working now. All I did was copy over the files that were in the 0.5.0 package to the folders already on my machine and started up my MP software and went to the WorldWeather Plug-in and it was working fine...

Thank you for this, but I expect the reported problem comes again after your daylight saving time is over. I must investigate more research work to stabilize the calculation routines.

... Is there someplace that you can recommend to get images which are standardized and similar for use in the other screens (WIND, RAIN, UV INDEX, etc)? Also for use on the ASTRONOMY screens (star maps - that are common to my area)? ...

The only place I know is the MediaPortal Wiki page here, hopefully you can find the weather images for your area.

Cheers, Micropolis

theidiot

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    Yup, the problem here is that the properties for the forecast start with Day0.
    If you use the properties for the forecast starting with Day1 (up to Day4), then "Today" will show todays weather and the rest the weather forecast for the following 4 days ;)

Thanks for the explanation. I get it now. :)

Just one question were would I find this property to change it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom