WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

StarWup

Portal Pro
April 7, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
I today registered with Weather Underground (wunderground.com) for their free API key. I entered the API key in the WorldWeather configuration and the only thing I get when I start MP is a small popup with "Error loading data from Weather Underground". The charts in the weather section are all empty. No data at all. As soon as I set the configuration in WorldWeather plugin to any other provider it fills up with data quickly. Any ideas?

[edit: After one hour of trying around I got an email from wunderground.com:

Hello,
your wunderground API key (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) exceeded its allotted usage today by making 16 calls within a minute but the limit is 10.
We used one of your raindrops instead of disabling the key for the remainder of the day. You now have 2 remaining raindrops.
We check usage for 24-hour periods based on U.S. Eastern Time.
The plan you are registered for is Cumulus - Developer, granting you 500 calls per day with 10 calls per minute limit. To upgrade your plan go to:
-url deleted-

Details: exceededrate: maxrate: 16 (of 10)
Time: Tue, Jan 08, 2013 11:00 EST

Thank you,
wunderground.com API Team

So I assume the connection and login is working fine! But no data can be retrieved!

Last edited:

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
October 10, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Just an update.

I managed to get it working, i couldn't find the Sydney settings for Mediaportals World Weather Plugin online

Hi,
just to help you if you are looking for the code for another location:
City Code: Go to (for example) weather.yahoo.com, enter your city (in the weather region, not in the "top" search"); when your city is displayed, you will find the city code in the address line of your browser.
Longitude/Latitude: You will find it (for example) on http://www.travelmath.com/cities/
Cheers
Alfred

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi DiG1T, StarWup,

@DiG1T:
... I managed to get it working, i couldn't find the Sydney settings for Mediaportals World Weather Plugin online ...
In addition to the information from Alfred you can find a lot of troubleshooting tips and useful URL's in the configuration dialog itself. Open the settings tab and select "Provider troubleshooting...".

@StarWup:
... and the only thing I get when I start MP is a small popup with "Error loading data from Weather Underground"...
Without any information about your WorldWeather settings and location specific configuration I can't give you a valid answer. The glance in the crystal ball says nothing...

... The charts in the weather section are all empty...
Could you specifiy, which chart do you mean? Is it the history chart, the hourly or forecast chart?

... After one hour of trying around I got an email from wunderground.com ...
How often you had start MediaPortal? Do you use history settings? Is Wether Underground your current and forecast provider?

Cheers, Micropolis

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I want to use my own weather icons, but I have no idea how the mapping from descriptions like "teils bewölkt" to the icon file is working. I copied 48 icon files (0.png ... 47.png) into the standard weather folders (128x128 and 64x64) and they are used. But I want to optimize the mapping and don't know how.

Michael

Last edited:

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\Mediaportal is a file "WorldWeatherIconMapping.xml". There you can change the mapping. Every weather source has its own mapping.

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\Mediaportal is a file "WorldWeatherIconMapping.xml". There you can change the mapping. Every weather source has its own mapping.
    What is the exact syntax? I only found an old mapping file for Google, that does not help very much.

Michael

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Michael,
    ... What is the exact syntax? I only found an old mapping file for Google, that does not help very much...
    I'm on the road, because of this it's only a very quick answer.
    The mapping file WorldWeatherIconMapping.xml contains the mapping of each provider (and separated by day and night) against the condition and the weather icon image number. The icon image number type you can find at the beginning of this configuration file.

A small example: You want to change the daily icon for WorldWeatherOnline, when it is clear and sunny
    • open the xml file
    • search for the profile of WorldWeatherOnline Day (see line 185)
    • search the condition "clear_sunny" (see line 186)
    • the default icon number is 32, take a look into the table at the top of this document and enter any other value you want
    • save the mapping file and test the output
    Cheers, Micropolis

Attachments

• WorldWeatherIconMapping.xml
      20.4 KB
    Last edited:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys,

as we are all waiting for the official skinfiles of Titan for this awesome plugin, I'm starting to make some temporary skinfiles myself before the official skinfiles from team Titan will be released. Here are some screenshots of what I have done so far.. A lot of work need to been done, but I think I will release a first version of the skinfiles next week..

Please let me know what you think about the lay-out!

Have a nice weekend!

Attachments

• WW.jpg
      WW.jpg
      539.7 KB
    • WW2.jpg
      WW2.jpg
      462.6 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    as announced before, this plugin has entered the code freeze phase this weekend. The latest nightly build v1.0.4 can be found at the well known place.
    The next stable release is being prepared in the next few days, most parts of my automated tests has been successfully completed yet. If no errors are found, the following changes are included:
    • add weather provider support for "PreviMeteo"
    • fix for zodiac calculation routines
    • change provider order to synchronize lite/full version (Foreca is default provider now)
    • enhancements regarding IP and city location detection
    • add "Manually add weather location wizard" to context menu
    • fix invalid Foreca condition code, fix for next daylight calculation, fix for sunshine calculation bug
    • increase maximum refresh delay

@Dadeo: the bugfix for sunshine calculation should fix your problem related to Weather Underground and "Goderich/Canada".

It would be helpful if the community supported me during the test, and I get notified of test results.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Micropolis.
    I know you're busy with WWL atm but I'm not afraid to make an improvement suggestion...
    What about supporting Hyperlink Parameter? This feature is introduced with 1.2 Beta, so it's really a long time available. Also it's so useful only a few plugins make use of it. With hyperlink parameter we can start the plugin with different locations or to different pages right from basic home menu...
    This can apply to both, WW and WWL.
    Many thanks in advance..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom