WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (3 Viewers)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Alex!
    Weather forecast is working great! Thanks!

I noticed some strange with the latest nightly build tho. If I want to change the weather provider or weather forecast provider inside WW in MP I'll get an "error". See screenshot:
    2.jpg

I could remember someone else posted this sometime ago but I am not sure. I could provide logs if needed.
    Thanks! :)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi scorpie, Holzi,
    ... with 1.3 alpha i'm getting the wrong icons (the sun instead of the moon) with 1.3 beta everything is fine ...
    Could you reproduce the same behavior, if the option "Use inbuilt icons only" is checked? In a positive case please provide your weather profile and settings from mediaportal.xml here. I can take a look into this next weekend.

... If I want to change the weather provider or weather forecast provider inside WW in MP I'll get an "error"...
    Anything is very strange here. If I take a look to your screenshot, I can identify a notification message, which is displayed using a confirmation dialog (yes/no buttons). Do you have updated language files with each installation? Could you please deinstall the plugin and make a fresh installation? Thank you.

Cheers, Micropolis

scorpie

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2009
    Nürnberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Miropolis,

the behavior is the same, even after switching to "Use inbuilt icons only"

I'm 100% sure that I have the same settings, but the xml's from my htpc are missing some entries and I don't know why.

Attachments

• htpc-MediaPortal.xml
      38.3 KB
    • htpc-WorldWeather.xml
      22.7 KB
    • testing-MediaPortal.xml
      36 KB
    • testing-WorldWeather.xml
      22.7 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    the first release candidate for the upcoming stable version of WorldWeather v1.0.5 is available now.
    Before you start with regression test, please don't forget to copy the necessary plugin files into the plugins folder and to update language files and provider logos. If you use the icon mapping file, please use the newer version from the documentation folder or merge the new settings for PreviMeteo and Weather2 into your existing local copy.
    Due to changes regarding provider order it is highly recommended to check/change the appropriate settings in your configuration dialog.

Important note for existing WorldWeather Lite users: This version cannot be used or configured simultaneously. In order to test the release candidate anyway, please enforce the following steps:
    • deinstall the WorldWeather Lite version or rename the plugin library “worldweatherlite.dll” to "worldweatherlite.dll.backup" temporarily
    • install the release candidate version and select a supported skin
    • in case you want go back to WorldWeather Lite, open WorldWeather configuration at the end of your test cycle and reset your current and forecast weather provider to the first list entry
    @mamachan: your problem from here was fixed with version 1.0.2, please update.
    @Dadeo: I've never seen a feedback about your Weather Underground related problems (see here). Any news?

Happy testing, each constructive feedback is welcome.

Micropolis

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @Dadeo: I've never seen a feedback about your Weather Underground related problems (see here). Any news?
    Hi Micropolis - yes I reported in Area 51 thread re World Weather Lite - there was some strange issue with my key. Or at least I generated a new one and it is working now. I think I also figured out another issue with World Weather Online provider, which I reported in Area 51 as well. But I think it applies to World Weather too. As you clearly state in the docs, WWO API supports only query by City Name. So if there are two cities with the same name you can easily get the wrong weather data, like I did for Goderich, Canada. I had to add the country to the city name because even the API shows data for Goderich Sierra Leone if I don't ;)
    So all good from my side now. (y)

Last edited:

scorpie

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2009
    Nürnberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Micropolis,

strange strange, here in Germany it shows the sun icon, but its night here and for Sydney where it is day now it shows the moon.

Sniff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom