WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (6 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Serak, hilfer,

... One "nice to have" option: If placeholders used but no new image found, please don't try to refresh last valid image...
this requires some bigger architectural changes to the image cache functionality and isn't planned yet.

Worldweather works with new MP beta 1.3.0.0 ?? I get an error : missing or invalid file: c:/programdata\teammediaportal\mediaportal\skin\titan\worldweather.xml
as posted here before, the WorldWeather skin files are planned for the next Titan Extended update cycle. So maybe it's a good idea to take a look to the appropriate thread from time to time.

Cheers, Micropolis

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You did not have the recent Titan Skin Files for WW. Please update Titan Extended to latest version. Then you should have those files...

hilfer

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    I have last version of titan extended installed.(1.3.0.215).

So I guess i'll have to wait for next update.

Tks for your kind support.

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    is there anyt solution ??
    The solution would have been to read the documentation BEFORE installing. The documentation for the Titan skin says clearly that WorldWeather still is not supported (see here ). So you will have to wait for an update for the Titan skin.
    uups...a few people were faster...I should have looked to the next page :sleep::whistle:

Last edited:

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    No rush, your new assignment is far more important. Meanwhile I have the pop-ups for wetter.com as well, so I suspect it's just a timing problem. I am increasing the waits and timeouts in "Expert Settings" from 30 to 60 seconds to see if that helps.
    It seems that wetter.com had problems with my location parameters, but I have now manged to get most of them working. It took me a while to figure out that one has to eliminate the country prefix (e.g. AT-, CH-, GB-, NL-) with which wetter.com prefixes the postal codes in its web GUI in order for them to work as WorldWeather parameters. I still haven't been able to get weather forecasts from wetter.com for Geneva, Switzerland, despite using the name (Genf) and postal code (1200) returned by a search in the wetter.com web GUI. If anyone else has gotten forecasts from wetter.com to work for Geneva, I would be grateful for tips! (WorldWeather.xml attached).
    I'm not sure where the yr.no notifications were coming from, but I'm not getting them any more. This could be due to:
    1. my having disabled notifications (although that didn't work for me on previous attempts)
    2. a thorough cleanup of my XML file, recreating it strictly through the GUI (I noticed a few legacy entries in the old version)
    In the process, I noticed some anomalies:
    1. When I increase the "Timeout" value to more than 30 seconds, it gets stored correctly in MediaPortal.xml, but when I reopen WorldWeather configuration, it gets reset to 30 seconds (see attached screenshots).
    2. The plugin configuration GUI does not allow values > 60 seconds for "RefreshStartupDelay" and "RefreshResumeDelay".
    3. The plugin configuration GUI insists on having longitude and latitude values, even when they aren't needed (ISTR that they aren't used by wetter.com)
    I don't understand why the timing parameters are stored in MediaPortal.xml instead of in WorldWeather.xml. It confused me at first, because the stored values don't get updated until MP configuration is closed, whereas those in WorldWeather.xml can be updated from the GUI at will.

Since this thread has grown to 173 pages, and WorldWeather is on its way to becoming a built-in MP plugin, I suggest that:
    1. A new forum section for WorldWeather be created under Popular Plugins. This might reduce the number of redundant questions posted here.
    2. A new wiki page be created for WorldWeather configuration under Plugins. I would be willing to initiate this, using the excellent material from the PDF documentation. Hopefully this would also reduce the amount of time spent answering questions here.
    3. Of course, the existing wiki page also needs to be updated for the coming built-in simplified version in MP 1.3.0 as well, but I am not (yet) able to help with that.

Attachments

• WorldWeatherTimingParametersAfterReload.png
      WorldWeatherTimingParametersAfterReload.png
      3.8 MB
    • WorldWeatherTimingParameters.png
      WorldWeatherTimingParameters.png
      3.8 MB
    • WorldWeather.xml
      67.7 KB
    Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi rsbrux,
    ... 1. When I increase the "Timeout" value to more than 30 seconds, it gets stored correctly in MediaPortal.xml, but when I reopen WorldWeather configuration, it gets reset to 30 seconds (see attached screenshots)...
    This was fixed with version 1.0.2 some days before.

... 2. The plugin configuration GUI does not allow values > 60 seconds for "RefreshStartupDelay" and "RefreshResumeDelay"...
    It's very simple to increase the maximum value, for example to 600. Is this ok?

... 3. The plugin configuration GUI insists on having longitude and latitude values, even when they aren't needed (ISTR that they aren't used by wetter.com)...
    Longitude/Latitude values are needed to calculate sunset/sunrise time and other providers. You can take a look to the provider comparison sheet, which can be found in the manual.

... I don't understand why the timing parameters are stored in MediaPortal.xml instead of in WorldWeather.xml. It confused me at first, because the stored values don't get updated until MP configuration is closed, whereas those in WorldWeather.xml can be updated from the GUI at will ...
    Global configuration parameters are saved in mediaportal.xml, location specific configurations in worldweather.xml. This separation is required and useful.

... and WorldWeather is on its way to becoming a built-in MP plugin...
    That is not quite right, the new inbuilt plugin is a lite version with significantly fewer features. See our internal thread here for more information or Area 51 later.

... A new wiki page be created for WorldWeather configuration under Plugins. ... Of course, the existing wiki page also needs to be updated for the coming built-in simplified version in MP 1.3.0 as well, but I am not (yet) able to help with that.
    I'm in discussion with our doc group to find a solution and to update the existing wiki pages. Please be patient.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    the development of the next stable version comes forward well. At the end of this week I'll start with the tests, after the achievement of a positive test result a first release candidate can be published here. Meanwhile, it should not be so boring for you, I ask you for help in testing the lite version of this plugin, which can be found in our Area 51 here.

Cheers, Micropolis

DiG1T

January 8, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey Guys,

I've just finishedbuilding a HTPC and have settled on Mediaportal because it does live TV far better than XBMC, and handles locally stored media better than Windows MC. Not to mention it looks pretty spesh with the StreamedMP skin ;)

So got most things working pretty well so far, but i've got an issue with the World Weather Plugin. I cannot find my city anywhere (Sydney, Australia) and a prompt keeps popping up saying something about a city not being selected which is frustrating the bejeezus out of me!! Has anyone been able to add Sydney Australia to the World Weather Plugin? If so how'd you do it? So far i've tried auto detect with no luck.

Sorry if this has already been asked before, but 179 pages is a bit much to go through.

DiGiT

DiG1T

January 8, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just an update.

I managed to get it working, i couldn't find the Sydney settings for Mediaportals World Weather Plugin online, however one of my other computer i'd installed it on automatically detected the settings so i just copied those. Incase anyone else has this issue i'll post the settings i used, hopefully they can work for you too

City: Sydney
    City Code: *1105779
    Post code: 2000
    Longitude: 151.206955
    Latitude: -33.86929

The rest of the settings to taste :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom