WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (3 Viewers)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.2.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

I found 3 issues with the world weather plugin (stop, first thanks to Micropolis!):

1. Not all fields are filled (I miss Sunrise & Sunset)
    2. The Current Image shows the night image although it is day. I changed the TimeZone to the right setting, but did not help.
    3. Is not an issue anymore (I switched a few times from Clock to Forecast and the weather seemed to change to and fro, but seems to be a data issue from google).

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

It may have something to do with the decimal conversion routine for Lat./Long. cordinates discussed earlier. I think they are needed to calculate current daytime/night-time condition, as well as sunrise/sunset times.

Regards,

Chuck

Portal Pro
    June 25, 2009
    Bruxelles
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Re: AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.2.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hello Holzi,

the forecast weekdays comes from the weather provider, the display format (english, german) depends on your MediaPortal language settings.

Cheers, Micropolis

Hello Micropolis,

First of all: thank you for this plugin and the time you spend on it.

I'm currently adapting the xml for Black Glass HD Skin (with backdrops) but it take some time as it's my first one. I'll post it here when finished and tested.

I'm also adapting it into french and I've got a question about the language:
    I suppose that only english and german are supported because you've to map the condition data from google api in text format (sunny) to a number corresponding to the icon (36.png for "sunny"). Am I right ?

If yes, do you think it's possible to make a 1st call to google api in english (http://www.google.com/ig/api?weather=Brussels&hl=en) to map condition text with icon number and directly after a second call in the language defined the MediaPortal language settings (http://www.google.com/ig/api?weather=Brussels&hl=fr) to display the texts in right language to the user ?

This will allow to have a multi-language plugin without having to maintain all this icon mapping in more than 30 languages...

Thanks.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Yep, they were all issues about lat/long being wrong. I entered in the format x° y' z" N & a° b' z" E and that was clearly wrong. Now gave decimals with a period (different as my preferred language settings, but OK) and it worked.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Really having major problems with latitude\longitude settings ie 53.1914 -2.8888, these were taken from the Chester weather forecast - Met Office

Even other sites, which do have a similar lat\long settings for Chester give no results, could this be because its a negative value.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country

There is a known issue with the decimal conversion for lat/long ... M will attend to it when he comes back from holiday. It might be sufficient for now to use only whole numbers (negative values are ok). Round up or down as to your preference. It will only be a few minutes off from the actual coordinates, but will not cause problems (except the sunset/sunrise time being off a bit).

Chuck

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Adding longitude/latitude values to the plugin kills it for me i.e. no information is shown - using whole numbers for Auckland (Lat: -36 Long: 174).

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country

Adding longitude/latitude values to the plugin kills it for me i.e. no information is shown - using whole numbers for Auckland (Lat: -36 Long: 174).

You may have to set your long as -174. My long is -88 (88 degrees W) and it worked. That is what the link given earlier figured it.

If not, there may be other issues at work.

chuck

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

You may have to set your long as -174. My long is -88 (88 degrees W) and it worked. That is what the link given earlier figured it.

If not, there may be other issues at work.

chuck

Thanks for that but it didn't work :( I also copied the details for Munich from the PDF instructions and that killed it too - took out Long/Lat values for Munich and it works again..

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

except the sunset/sunrise time being off a bit

Gained 3 hours extra daylight, pity its not real.

Bleazle changed my lat to 53.2 and lon to -2.9, did try various combinations of putting 53.21 and -2.88 but times went even further out, have you got it to work, you might try -36.8 and 174.7

And I used this site for conversion from hours\min\sec to decimal http://andrew.hedges.name/experiments/convert_lat_long/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom