WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (5 Viewers)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.2.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

@PD - Thanks but that didn't work either - as soon as I enter a Lat/Long nothing shows up so I guess I'll have to live with seeing the moon all the time - really confuses me too :D Looks like Micropolis will have something to look at when he gets back from holiday (a bit slack that he went on holiday in this time of crisis don't you think? :p )

BigB42078

Portal Member
January 1, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

Little update on possible free .API providers

Weather2 = Seem to be very interested, and like the design (sent screenshots). Their requirements is that they want "Weather provided by MyWeather2.com" icon, but they want it hyperlinked back to their site. Not sure how this would be handled without an internal browser. But feedback from them is very positive.

Wunderground = Emailed Matt Gregory sales representative this time. He says they would supply their data for free if there was a sponsorship deal made, I asked him to clarify. Waiting for response.

Weatherbug = Basically sent me this link Weather API for Programmers and Developers - WeatherBug.com and told me to apply

Accuweather = No response

Is this the the best place to post this info since Micropolis is developing the plugin. Or would the MP team be the ones to decide what to use. Would like to know if the effort I am making is going towards something.:confused:

I will post the full dialog from the emails in a text attachment when I'm done researching the options

floh

January 16, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.2.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Dadeo: Are you working on a skin file for aMPed, by any chance? I would really love it to work again, especially in 4:3 ;-)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Wunderground = Emailed Matt Gregory sales representative this time. He says they would supply their data for free if there was a sponsorship deal made, I asked him to clarify. Waiting for response.

Possibly, but as we are putting this out as a plugin for maintenance, hopefully using many api's.

As far as sponsorship then the two places to look would be here MEDIAPORTAL - Sponsors: Meet Our Partners + of course their logo as per the google one that shows in the screenshots on first page of this thread, first one would have to be dealt with by admin of course.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Bleazle, I tried to put in -6 (180-174) and -36 - result is that data are shown, just the sunrise and sunset times are vice-versa. Maybe Micropolis calculates the time from Germany - e.g your sunrise is in German time 18:08 and sunset 08:46?

Attachments

• 11-24-39.jpg
      11-24-39.jpg
      119.4 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.2.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

@Dadeo: Are you working on a skin file for aMPed, by any chance? I would really love it to work again, especially in 4:3 ;-)
    The skin files for aMPed are already in aMPed SVN. They already integrate with aMPed Basic Home as well, like Infoservice weather used to. I am almost ready to release v3.3.2 with Wolrd Weather included, however it is still early stages of development and I think it is reasonable to expect Micropolis may still need to make some skin changes as things progress (read: as we all keep demanding more and more ;)).

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi.
    For witch skins are files available right now?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

All PureVision skins and all Default skins. Just read the posts above ;)
    The Default/Default Wide xmls are delivered in latest version 0.2.5 (see firstpost) ;)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi.
    OK, thanks. What's about Maya, Avalon, SMP,... ? Did someone know? ATM I don't have too much time so I'm not able to edit my skin to use WorldWeather. Thats why I'm looking for an alternative until I get Backdrop working again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom