WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi xavier, Helsten2, fischy667,

xavier:
... Feature request: a parsing routine to download and combine all the jpg of the animation...

Thank you for sharing the image URL. Your feature request is a good idea, but in my opinion this functionality needs to much traffic and could slow down your HTPC. Give me time to think about it. When there is a performant solution, it could be included in a future release.

helsten2:
... Maybe add support for flash-animations? ...

I don't have any idea about the implementability, because of this I must reject your request for now. Sorry.

fischy667:

Hey, thank you for this. I'll include this helpful page into the troubleshooting section of WorldWeather manual.

Cheers, Micropolis

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    rsbrux: your attached logs doesn't contain any information to identify the "rotating circle" problem. Could you please explain me the steps to reproduce?
    Cheers, Micropolis
    I often get the rotating circle "wait" icon when I resume from hibernate. Sometimes it never goes away. It was the exception message attached to my post that made me suspect WW as the cause, but perhaps the two issues are unrelated. Even if it has nothing to do with the "wait" cursor, what do you think caused the exception? It doesn't seem to be reproducible.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi rsbrux,
    I have fixed the exception some days before (see my post #1105), the changes you can find in the nightly build version v0.5.4.
    The root cause of this exception are file locking mechanism of Windows (and/or MediaPortal?), the image cache couldn't be cleared correctly.

Cheers, Micropolis

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After the update to 0.5.4 plus the respective skin files I now have the weather description on the hourly screen as
    well as the graphic condition. Since the graphic condition skinfile has not been changed I tend to believe that this
    problem has its roots in the world weather plugin.
    Someone else with this problem?
    10-14-06.png 10-14-15.png

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Those are the files I just updated to....
    And as you can see it's only the hourcondition file that's been changed (apart from the weather.xml of course)
    not the graphic condition. That's why I came across my suspicion.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You also replaced the WorldWeather.xml from the post I mentioned above?
    It is also strange that your hourly view is "dimmed".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom