WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (9 Viewers)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes.. it is WorldWeather.xml

bkv

Portal Member
    February 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    With your error report, I'm not able to identify if this is a profile or configuration setting problem.
    In the first step, please start testing with the predefined weather profile again. If the problem still exists, please open your the configuration file mediaportal.xml and delete the whole section of WorldWeather.

Delete section helped. Sending file unrepaired Mediaportal.xml

Attachments

• MediaPortal – kopie.xml
      54.4 KB

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After the update to 0.5.4 plus the respective skin files I now have the weather description on the hourly screen as
    well as the graphic condition. Since the graphic condition skinfile has not been changed I tend to believe that this
    problem has its roots in the world weather plugin.
    Someone else with this problem?
    View attachment 104593 View attachment 104594

The feed on the hour and graphic view was a skin problem. FIXED
    The missing background in the graphic view: marduk puted this information in the worldweather.xml. I now edited his worldweathergraphiccondition,xml FIXED
    The dimming: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...l-v1-2-0-or-higher.102775/page-88#post-847866 I thought this was fixed in MePo 1.2.3.0? If not you have to add
    Code:
    <control>
        <description>default group</description>
        <type>group</type>
        <id>0</id>
        <dimColor>ffffffff</dimColor>
      </control>

to the end of the references.xml before </controls>. Or you take the references.xml from under this post.

I have noticed, that you have no provider pictures. You forgot to them into to Media/WorldWeather/Provider folder.

Attachments

• WorldWeatherGraphicCondition.xml
      100.2 KB
    • WorldWeatherHourCondition.xml
      109.9 KB
    • Provider.rar
      54.3 KB
    • references.xml
      28.6 KB
    • WorldWeather.xml
      156.1 KB
    Last edited:

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    fischy667: thx for your work, everything fine now

One thing I realized though is that the image urls for zdf are not the one that you will get when copying them
    from the zdf internet page. The default ones are from rather poor quality compared to the other ones.
    And what do I have to do to get slideshows (e.g. precipitation radar) working?

Regards,

Rico

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    fischy667: thx for your work, everything fine now

One thing I realized though is that the image urls for zdf are not the one that you will get when copying them
    from the zdf internet page. The default ones are from rather poor quality compared to the other ones.
    And what do I have to do to get slideshows (e.g. precipitation radar) working?

Regards,

Rico

There is no support of slideshows or multiple pictures. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-v1-2-0-or-higher.102775/page-113#post-868826

I have problems to get the correct url for the pictures. Just right click and "copy image url" (for Firefox).
    e.g. http://wwwdyn.zdf.de/ext/weather/preview-brd-0.jpg

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I know how to get the url's - I just wanted to say that those being inside the plugin by default
    are not the ones with the best quality (only concerning zdf images).

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I already have all 10 available city/location sections populated and recently needed to look up the weather in yet another city.
    As a result, WorldWeather overwrote (without warning) the settings for my 10th city/location, and subsequently brought intermittent error messages about a Yahoo lookup problem. Presumably the error message is due to the lack of a city code for the new location, but perhaps this particular lookup could be disabled for locations added "on-the-fly" from the user interface. More annoying was the loss of my existing profile location section, which I was fortunately able to reconstruct from a backup. It would be nice to either:
    1. Have a special temporary section in the XML file for location(s) entered on the fly, to avoid overwriting existing sections, or
    2. at least warn the user that the settings for an existing location will be overwritten.
    Nonetheless, thanks for the great plugin, and keep up the good work!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear rsbrux,
    I already have all 10 available city/location sections populated and recently needed to look up the weather in yet another city. As a result, WorldWeather overwrote (without warning) the settings for my 10th city/location

Sorry to say, but for me it seems that you have define this behavior by yourself. If you set the configuration option "Show confirmation dialogs", you must confirm the wizard question "Do you want to overwrite the last weather location?" before. If the configuration option is turned off, WorldWeather use "Yes" automatically.
    Regarding your city code problems, please enter the required values in the following steps: City name, City code, Time zone, Metric (see chapter 9).

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    attached at the first post of this thread you can find the latest build of WorldWeather v0.5.4. The next update will be declared as release candidate, so please help me to test this release carefully.

Information for users:
    • more placeholders for weather and starry sky images added (see chapter 5.4 for more information)
    • extend add location wizard with postal code
    • minor improvements
    Information for skinners and translators:
    • skin changes are not required
    • since last official version, some strings are added to specific translation files. Please help me to close this gap with correct native translations for your home location, thank you.

bkv: the problematic mediaportal.xml configuration entry was "ProviderHourCondition", reset the value to 0 and all must be worked as expected.

Cheers, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom