WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (3 Viewers)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    please test wether the startup delay problem still exists
    The problem is gone. The start of MP is really fast now with v0.60RC of Worldweather. Good work.(y)

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    Same problem here, when I resume from Standby, I get a popup that getting data from Google failed.
    Could you please read my answer here before posting? Thank you.

Cheers, Micropolis

Hi Micropolis,

yes, I've seen that, but it does not solve my Problem 100% (Timeout currently at 10s). In some cases I still get the popup after resume.

The strange thing is, that when I enter the WorldWeather Page and hit the update button, I get the popup even minutes after turning the PC on, whereas browsing in IE works.

I will check the logfiles this evening if I can find something.

Addition:

I've seen, that there is a 0.6RC - I will check this one in the evening.

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It still takes about 40 seconds for MP to load for me. Probably not anything to do with WorldWeather though, as other posters have said how quick it is to start with 0.60RC. I've attached my Mediaportal.log if someone would like to take a look though.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi.
    It still takes about 40 seconds for MP to load for me
    This is fast for MP, sad but true. With 0.59 of WorldWeater the start of MP takes about 4-5 Minutes...

Oh that's OK then. From the comments I felt perhaps mine was slower than everybody else's ;)

Can't say it ever took noticeably longer (certainly not 4-5 minutes) with previous versions of WW for me though.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    with previous versions of WW
    This issue was introduced in v0.58 (or 0.57 but never tested that). Until V 0.56 the image handling was different so no delay there... And this delay did only appear if you have a slow internet connection (like me)... But now (v0.60RC) all is perfect.

torbjorns

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi guys... and thanks for a great plugin. In "Astronomy" theres a inputfield for location. What put into there , city code or url or what?
    I use the 0.56 version.

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    or url or what
    Hi,
    a quick look to the documentation would help:
    "display starry sky maps from websites. You can enter internet, local or network locations.", and the example shows the URL for the map.
    Cheers
    Alfred
    P.S.: If you use "WorldWeatherWebsites.xml" (just copy it to your data directory), you even get the examples as a dropdown...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom