WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (11 Viewers)

TOPOSPELEO

Portal Pro
August 11, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hello Micrópolis, enclosure I send the log of my configuration, not only one does not see the starry sky, neither I can visualize maps. I have tried without the skin, the problem of the starry sky is solved but that of the maps persists. Thank you for everything and he enjoys the vacations.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, since the last days I also have problems with google... and I followed the troubleshooting guide ;-)

When I am starting occassionally "weather" is empty in StreamedMP, then I have to go to the plugin and follow these steps:

I have two locations, when I am entering the plugin, for the first "munich" the weather data is empty, the second one shows data! now when I am switching back to location "munich" it reloads data.

Even after that, it happens that a pop-up comes up during a movie that it couldn't retrieve data from Google.

Yeah, I'm still getting those error pop-ups about Google as well. I followed the trouble-shooting step and checked http://www.google.co.uk/ig/api?weather=London and checked my profile which correctly had <city data="London"/> but <postal_code data="SW1A A"/> so I changed the latter to London to match the google page but it still throws up the errors. I can make them happen by clicking on Refresh which something like 1 out of 3 times will throw up the error.

Attachments

• WorldWeather.xml
    27.9 KB

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, since the last days I also have problems with google... and I followed the troubleshooting guide ;-)

When I am starting occassionally "weather" is empty in StreamedMP, then I have to go to the plugin and follow these steps:

I have two locations, when I am entering the plugin, for the first "munich" the weather data is empty, the second one shows data! now when I am switching back to location "munich" it reloads data.

Even after that, it happens that a pop-up comes up during a movie that it couldn't retrieve data from Google.

Yeah, I'm still getting those error pop-ups about Google as well. I followed the trouble-shooting step and checked http://www.google.co.uk/ig/api?weather=London and checked my profile which correctly had <city data="London"/> but <postal_code data="SW1A A"/> so I changed the latter to London to match the google page but it still throws up the errors. I can make them happen by clicking on Refresh which something like 1 out of 3 times will throw up the error.

Hi!

Where can i find this trouble-shooting step/guide or what must i do?

Best regards
    Helios

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I just had MP crash on me (popup appeared on my monitor which when clicked on closed MP) and I noticed the WW error popup about google was showing at that time, although I was also playing onlinevideo at the time so it could have been that which caused the crash.

Been finding WW even worse with Google today and it couldn't even get enough access to show the list of images in flat view (or any other view).

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Which version of PVHD Blue are you using? Since two versions there was no change in the WW xmls :confused:
    And you can also find the needed files anywhere in this thread...

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    The google weather api service is down at googles end, nothing wrong with the plugin.

It's been throwing up error messages for some time now, so perhaps we need to find an alternative provider. Unfortunately Yahoo doesn't seem to provide weekly forecast data, only the current day, so that's not ideal but at least it doesn't cause error messages ;)

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Looks like Google doesn't like automated queries to it's weather API...

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      62.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom