WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (2 Viewers)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello!
    I still have problems with the latest version of this plugin if threaded plugin loading is enabled. Can not open context menu to change weather provider(s).
    I will upload logs if needed.

Thanks! :)

J-B-N

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi, I got a new gadget to play with today, an Oregon Scientific Weather Station (WMR88). I also got a rfxcom transciever/reciever and installed Domoticz to get the values in to a server. Now I am getting this nice weather data and I want to be able to display that in Mediaportal.

Has anyone done this already? If not, is it possible to develop a new weather provider?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Holzi,
    ... I still have problems with the latest version of this plugin if threaded plugin loading is enabled. Can not open context menu to change weather provider(s) ...
    the problem isn't the main context menu itself, it's a time critical and deeper deadlock condition with background workers in combination with threaded plugin loading.
    I'm aware about this random issue but need more time to find a working solution. Currently a hotfix is ready, but I want investigate a little bit more time into testing and stabilization.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No hurry!
    I just wanted to mention it, to see if I am the only one with this problem. :)

Crash22

Portal Member
    August 17, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi can someone help me please?

I've tried several times to install WorldWeather 1.2.0 both manually and using the installer. Unfortunately after each attempt, when I select the plugin configuration in MediaPortal Configuration I get the error message: "An error occurred while loading the plugin WorldWeatherPlugin.WorldWeather. It's incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded."

I'm using MediaPortal 1.3.0.0 on Windows 7 HP.

Thanks

View attachment 125685

Hi all. Can someone please help me with the problem shown in my previous post? I've since upgraded MP to 1.4.0.0 and World Weather to 1.2.3 but I still get the exact same error. It's really frustrating as I don't know where to begin to look to solve.

Thanks

WorldWeatherError.PNG

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    please find at the first post of this thread and in our repository version 1.2.4 of WorldWeather. This update is required to fix a possible deadlock condition for backgroundworker specific issues in case threaded plugin loading is enabled.

Thanks to @catavolt and @Holzi for testing.

Cheers, Micropolis

Illuminator

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    when I start MePo and go to WorldWeather everything is empty. I've to refresh or change the location to get information. With former versions this wasn't necessary. Can I change this behaviour with some settings or is there some wrong with my MePo?

JiRo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2009
    Prague
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi,
    when I start MePo and go to WorldWeather everything is empty. I've to refresh or change the location to get information. With former versions this wasn't necessary. Can I change this behaviour with some settings or is there some wrong with my MePo?

+1 (It seems no refresh on plugin initialization)

JiRo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom