WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (4 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: Question about config. Namely, the location coordinates.

Hi 2BitSculptor,

Problem persists. When I use a decimal value, World Weather GUI does not populate any information except location. Only when I use whole numbers does the screen fully populate.

under these circumstances I expect there is a conversion bug with your current culture settings.
The MediaPortal API cannot handle decimal values in xml configuration files, because of this I must save the value as a string and convert it back to number. This can be broken with your settings, as a result a exception occurs.
I'll check this and give feedback.

Cheers, Micropolis

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Help needed: WorldWeather plugin v0.2.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

In my opinion you can use the condition label for this (#WorldWeather.TodayCondition), in your skin file you use the texture value <texture>#WorldWeather.TodayCondition.png</texture> (e.g. if condition is "sunny" the skin engine is looking for sunny.png").

Cheers, Micropolis

Hello!
    This works, but u have to change the name of the images to sunny/clear/etc... bit of work.

How can I get rounded numbers like 8°C and wind in km/h like in catavolts 4:3 screenshots? Looks good..

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: Re: Help needed: WorldWeather plugin v0.2.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hello Holzi,

but u have to change the name of the images to sunny/clear/etc

no, it is not required to change the original weather icon image names. You need additional images for "sunny", "cloudy" and so on. Currently I don't have no idea, how I can handle different language settings (e.g. if you live in Germany, Google says "sonnig", in US "sunny"). But I work on this.

How can I get rounded numbers like 8°C and wind in km/h like in catavolts 4:3 screenshots? Looks good..

today in the later evening I want to publish a small bugfix release. I'll include a configuration option for rounding temperature values. Ok?

Cheers, Micropolis

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.2.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi, here the long awaited skin files for DefaultWide and some screenshots.
    Alex, pls deliver these with your next release (Default 4:3 is in work ;))

Attachments

• 15-49-41.jpg
      15-49-41.jpg
      118 KB
    • 15-49-47.jpg
      15-49-47.jpg
      176.7 KB
    • 15-49-51.jpg
      15-49-51.jpg
      89.3 KB
    • 15-49-58.jpg
      15-49-58.jpg
      104.2 KB
    • WorldWeather for DefaultWide.zip
      8.8 KB

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hey!
    I got a folder named linkedweather where all the background files for weather conditions are in. But they are also named 0.jpg, 1.jpg and so on... I think InfoService did know how to handle them correctly.

I don't know how much information you can get from google weather but is it also possible to get strings for UV, precipitation, Feels like: etc..
    Thanks for your work! I know that this takes time.
    I'm looking forward to your next release! =)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.2.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hello Holzi,
    in this case it's very simple. Each condition (see here) has a specific image file, which can be displayed using #WorldWeather.TodayIconImage. Currently the full path to this image will be set to this property.
    Maybe with a new property (e.g. #WorldWeather.TodayIconImageFile), which contains image file name only, you have the chance to set a backdrop image using <texture>linkedweather\#WorldWeather.TodayIconImageFile</texture>.

Cheers, Micropolis

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Finally finished skinning ;)
    Here are the skin files for Default 4:3 skin and screenshots.
    Enjoy :D
    PS: Alex, pls deliver these as well with your next distribution! :D for all your work :D

Attachments

• 16-23-38.jpg
      16-23-38.jpg
      55.5 KB
    • 16-19-04.jpg
      16-19-04.jpg
      40.2 KB
    • 16-19-01.jpg
      16-19-01.jpg
      71.8 KB
    • 16-18-55.jpg
      16-18-55.jpg
      63.5 KB
    • World Weather for Default.zip
      8.8 KB

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I don't know exactly what you mean.. lets say the linkedweather backdrop image 0.jpg shows a sunny condition. Then I have to rename it to sunny.jpg. And this I have to do with all numbers. Is there also a list for these backdrop numbers like for your specific image files in this .txt?

The linkedweather backgrounds you get here: StreamedMP_V1.0_LinkedWeatherBackgrounds.zip - streamedmp - Linked Weather Backgrounds Option Pack - StreamedMP Skin for MediaPortal - Google Project Hosting

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.2.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi Holzi,
    ok, let's explain this with a small example:

• property #WorldWeather.TodayIconImage returns a value "c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal\default\media\weather\128x128\36.png" for "sunny" (the property includes the complete directory structure)
    • new property #WorldWeather.TodayIconImageFile return a value "36.png" for sunny <- can be used in skin texture statement to point to a file with the same name, but in another directory

A second possibility is to set a property, which contains only the number, in my example "36". I suggest this, I can implement this today using a new property, let's called it #WorldWeather.TodayIconImageNumber.

Ok now?

Cheers, Micropolis

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Okay, thank you very much! =)

Users who are viewing this thread