WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (6 Viewers)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Question about config. Namely, the location coordinates.

I am confused.

The example in the .pdf shows the Latitude and Longitude in degrees decimal, but when I enter this information The World Weather GUI fails to display any weather information. If I enter the coordinates in "deg min sec", then all fields except sunrise and sunset are filled. If I enter in whole number degrees, then all info fields are populated.

What should the correct format be? Whole number degrees do not give an accurate location. (Sorry, I was a cartographer for a time). Also, are North and South hemispheres represented?

Regards,

Chuck

BigB42078

Portal Member
    January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.2.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Who did you email? I resent it to the Autobrand sales representative: Matt Gregory
    email: mgregory@wunderground.com

Personally I think Weather2 is the best other than Google and Yahoo, they are based all over the world

Weather2 are headquartered in Glasgow, Scotland and have offices in London, England and Zagreb, Croatia with AMI agencies in Australia, China, Korea and the United Arab Emirates. Europe and near Asia is covered from the UK office and the American continents are covered directly from the USA.

and they have a lot of satellite image stuff like TWC.

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.2.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Yeah I understand that, just doesn't work with default wide. I got it to work right, minus the Google icon. But had to use PurevisionHD skin. Hope someone gets Avalon working.:D

Have you tried clearing your cache?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: Help needed: WorldWeather plugin v0.2.0 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi Dadeo,

Attached is a text file that lists all weather conditions/codes.

Thank you for this list, I tried to use it to change/correct the current mapping.

Is there any property skins can use to display backdrops related to the weather conditions? Previously I used an InfoService property: #infoservice.weather.today.img.big.filenamewithoutext.jpg. Is there something equivalent in WorldWeather that would work?

In my opinion you can use the condition label for this (#WorldWeather.TodayCondition), in your skin file you use the texture value <texture>#WorldWeather.TodayCondition.png</texture> (e.g. if condition is "sunny" the skin engine is looking for sunny.png").

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: Question about config. Namely, the location coordinates.

Hi 2BitSculptor,
    WorldWeather use decimal values for longitude/latitude, you can get appropriate values from here. I think, there are also a lot of other websites, which can calculate these information.
    If you have tried it with decimal values before, maybe there is a conversion bug. Please post your WorldWeather configuration file (c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal\worldweather.xml), I'll analyze the problem in the next few days, but only after my vacation.

Cheers, Micropolis

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: PureVision 4:3

Please find enclosed the skin files for PureVision 4:3 together with some screenshots :D
    Enjoy!

Attachments

• 14-08-45.jpg
      14-08-45.jpg
      45.5 KB
    • 14-08-38.jpg
      14-08-38.jpg
      67.4 KB
    • 14-08-42.jpg
      14-08-42.jpg
      82.2 KB
    • WorldWeather for PureVision.zip
      8.8 KB

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

Hi 2BitSculptor,
    WorldWeather use decimal values for longitude/latitude, you can get appropriate values from here. I think, there are also a lot of other websites, which can calculate these information.
    If you have tried it with decimal values before, maybe there is a conversion bug. Please post your WorldWeather configuration file (c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal\worldweather.xml), I'll analyze the problem in the next few days, but only after my vacation.

Cheers, Micropolis

thanks for the info , i also only find the "37° 33' 59" N / 126° 59' 59" E" and with that noting view in screen , so thanks for the link ...... was bug me that not all fields view on screen ...... was slow me down with skining corect Default Wide skin (i think the skin file's you add are your on mod ... :).

:D

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country

Hi 2BitSculptor,

Cheers, Micropolis

Thanks for the link. Maybe it should be included in the config for quick reference.

Problem persists. When I use a decimal value, World Weather GUI does not populate any information except location. Only when I use whole numbers does the screen fully populate. I'm testing with PurevisionHD Blue.

xml attached.

Chuck

Attachments

• WorldWeather.xml
      883 bytes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom