WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (2 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello @Illuminator, @JiRo, @fischy667,
... when I start MePo and go to WorldWeather everything is empty ...
without any logs, I cannot help, sorry. Please provide the respective files incl. other relevant information, which allows me to reproduce it. Also a hint is very helpful, if you use threaded plugin loading or not.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Illuminator

Portal Pro
December 6, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Servus @Micropolis,

here we go. I hope the logs are the relevant one?!
I started MePo, then went to weather and refreshed it. After that, I closed MePo.

What does threaded plugin loading mean?
If you need more information, just ask.

Illuminator

Attachments

• WorldWeatherSetup.jpg
    WorldWeatherSetup.jpg
    96.9 KB

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Micropolis

I have a feature request that may be useful to some users and I wondered if you might consider implementing it into a future release of WorldWeather.

One of the issues that I have with WW is that the data on the source sites for the weather tend to be sometimes hours out of date. I am based in a smaller city in New Zealand so I would never expect you to include a site specifically for our small country.

With that said though, I did wonder if you'd consider a custom source whereby I could scrape the data I wanted into a csv file or similar that would be read by WW? I thought that this might also be useful for people who have weather stations who wanted the temp etc. displayed in MP.

Is this something that you might consider, or is this just way beyond the scope of the application?

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi,
    when I start MePo and go to WorldWeather everything is empty. I've to refresh or change the location to get information. With former versions this wasn't necessary. Can I change this behaviour with some settings or is there some wrong with my MePo?

+1

restoring plugin V1.2.3, the defect disappears

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Micropolis,

since the MP 1.3 Final i have notice an issue with WorldWeather Overlay in Basic Home. When i switched to the WW overlay i see the weather some seconds, than all icons are gone and mp starting to spin. When i click on a icon, like tv or sereis, all is hangin, after view minutes i can go back but all seems to spin now, the only thing i can do is to close it and restart, but when i go to the overlay to, the same is happening. Here are my logs the time i do that was yesterday about 23:10

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can anybody confirm that suntime doesn't work no more?
    http://modul.wetter.zdf.de/data/sun-brd-0.jpg
    This one works. See attached screenshot from today.
    This one does not work; but this is not a problem of the plugin; if you enter this address into your browser, you will see "not found" - so this page (or image) does not exist any more.

You can check the pictures even in configuration (little button on the right side); if the address does exist (and provide a picture), it will show there already.

Attachments

• Sonnenstunden.JPG
      Sonnenstunden.JPG
      50.3 KB

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Has anyone got updated and working URLs for Australian weather images? The ones listed in the spreadsheet /wiki mostly don't work - old / dead links and/or dynamic URLs. If someone in Australia (anywhere) could post the links they're using it'd save me a few hours trying to find usable links....

loadme

Portal Pro
    January 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i just copied the default wide skin files to my streamedMP skin folder
    my screen is on 1920x1080 but the skin files seem to be written for 1280
    when starting the plugin , everything is shown in the top left corner and not stretched to fullscreen.

how can i fix/adjust this without modifiing the whole skin xml?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom