WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (3 Viewers)

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Hallo people,

I'm still busy with skinfiles for Titan.

Did any Titan skin files, even beta versions, get released? I'm installing MP on a totally bare metal system and get the "missing or invalid... xml" error because there's no WW skin files in ...\skin\Titan.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi blair_haynes,

...With that said though, I did wonder if you'd consider a custom source whereby I could scrape the data I wanted into a csv file or similar that would be read by WW? I thought that this might also be useful for people who have weather stations who wanted the temp etc. displayed in MP...

attached at the first post of this thread please find the beta version 1.2.6 of WorldWeather.
    This version includes a feature to support a local XML weather condition file, all related information about naming, structure and definition of this can be found in chapter 13 of the appropriate manual. An example file can be found in the documentation folder. Please test this version and give me some feedback and/or suggestions to fullfill your requirements. Maybe later we can support additional file formats (e.g. comma separated) too.
    Please be aware, that I'm very busy within my job, feedback from my side may therefore be delayed.

Important note to other users: In case you want to test this beta, the included version of WorldWeather.Core.dll breaks prior versions of WorldWeather and WorldWeather Lite. Please make a backup before testing or reinstall the older version again.

Micropolis

kirk1

Portal Member
    March 10, 2008
    Adelaide
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I know this has been covered but I am still not sure how to resolve the incorrect time/ sunrise sunset issue

Running the latest version

Any tips?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    the official version v1.3.0 of WorldWeather can be found at the well known places.
    Biggest change for this version is the support for local XML files. This can help users to import weather condition data from physical weather stations. For a more detailed explanation, please consult the manual.

@blair_haynes: In case you have suggestions to enhance the XML file structure and/or functionality, please let me know.

Note: all other plugins of mine has also been updated, please install the appropriate versions immediately.

Cheers, Micropolis

J-B-N

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @Micropolis Thank you for the support of local XML files. It means I can now add support for my weather station directly inside MediaPortal.

This means I can now develop a solution where I get data from Domoticz (on my Pi) and store that locally on my HTPC (using wget or something similar).

jamanga

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2008
    Home Country
    hi team
    I have used this plugin before and think it is awesome.
    i am using version 1.2.5 with mp1.5 and the latest streamedmp. The provider key in settings does not change from foreca. I was trying to set it to world weather online and set the key but it doesnt seem to be retained as when i reopen the plugin the value has been set back to foreca

Thanks in advance for any tips

edit- I updated to v1.3 but this issue is still there. Running windows 7.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom