WorldWideMediaProject IPTV Plugin (2 Viewers)

Globoxrocks

Portal Pro
December 30, 2006
Overture,

I do not kwow if the dll is the problem. If it is you could forget my story ( although my first point is in general ) If it it the dll let me know then i also have to have a look at my wwitv plugin cause i changed my xml to get this work at the wwitv plugin. Maybe i also comiled with the old dll's.

I had the same problem with my version/ old version of wwitv and i solved them. First in the top of the xml you give the default id ( this is the object which should first get focus at startup ). In your case the default id would be 10 ( id of the listcontrol ). I do not kow if there is a problem when you do not have channels at all. But i think why you should someone use your plugin if he did not add channels at worldmediaproject.

The second problem i had also ( someone said he could not get to the control bar ( up ) or at the preview window ( by remote control). in my case i had buttons. In the skin xml i changed the ondonw to 99 ( non-existing id ) for the last menu item. Then you could access the preview window same with the bar at the top ( i changed the ondown of the first menu item do 23 ( non-existing id). although i do not complete understand ( in the skin documentation of mediaportal ) is noted that if you do use an non existing id, it goes to the nearest control. But i do not kwow what the mean bij this ( term nearest by id? or object in the screen ?). I tried some changes to your xml but i could net get it to work the ondown change had no effect. Maybe the problem is that you only use a listcontrol i never have seen that before ( all plugins have buttons ). I do not know if mediaportal supports this maybe it can be solved in the dll code of your plugin but i do not know.

overture

Portal Pro
January 3, 2006
Bangor
Home Country
Thanks for your post Globoxrocks. I'll have a look soon - this is my first plugin so I am still learning all the 'ins' and 'outs' of mediaportal.

Globoxrocks

Portal Pro
December 30, 2006
also mine ( i updated the ol wwitv plugin ). So i also learn everyday. So maybe we can learn from eachother. By the way i am not a c# or any object oriented programmer so for me it is a nice learning process.

overture

Portal Pro
January 3, 2006
Bangor
Home Country
also mine ( i updated the ol wwitv plugin ). So i also learn everyday. So maybe we can learn from eachother. By the way i am not a c# or any object oriented programmer so for me it is a nice learning process.

Yeah, I've been programming for a while now in c#. My coding has improved vastly over the last few months, maybe not so much in this plugin but in the new 'My IPTV Plugin' that i've been working on.

It may be the weekend before I get to look at all the issues! I'm having trouble getting time at the minute.

Phil

chenks

Portal Pro
May 22, 2006
Scotland
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
tried the new download... still unable to select the video stream and make it full screen.

strange that some of the streams automatically start in full screen, and others start in the preview window. the ones that start in the preview window, i am unable to make full screen.

chenks

Portal Pro
May 22, 2006
Scotland
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
i have found some more issues/bugs so i will sumarise all my points here

1) unable to make "some" streams full-screen. stuck in the video preview window

2) pressing the "back" button on remote goes right back to the "my plugins" menu rather than just going back one level of the WWMP menu structure

3) if you add more streams to your playlist on the WWMP site, the plugin doesn't update itself. i updated the playlist but the plugin is still only showing the streams that were there previously. the previous poster could be correct about the "9 streams" - as it is only showing 9 streams for me even though i have loads more than that in my playlist.

other than that, it does seem to work.
if you need any log files etc then let me know if can supply them.
my playlist file is : http://worldwidemediaproject.com/pad.php?a=98b297950041a42470269d56260243a1

overture

Portal Pro
January 3, 2006
Bangor
Home Country
Thanks everyone for testing and taking the time to post what you've found - hopefully I'll have a chance to look at this in more detail tonight.

overture

Portal Pro
January 3, 2006
Bangor
Home Country
Everyone,

I think I've fixed the problem with only 9 records appearing - it was a problem with my regular expression which not taking double figures into account.

The issue with the fullscreen not displaying sometimes is a bit more taxing. I can't replicate it so it's hard for me to see where its going wrong, however I have made a few changes and hopefully it will work - fingers crossed.

The new version is uploaded and ready to download.

Let me know how it goes...

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom