[no Bug] Wrong aspect ratio in avi/mp4 (1 Viewer)

pouskidis

November 20, 2012
Home Country
Greece Greece
Since Mediaportal 1.3 Beta (NOT alpha, the bug wasn't there), when playing an avi/mp4 that has 4/3 a/r, it starts in pan and scan mode, not original. So I have to change it every time. In MP configuration however, it is correctly set in original mode!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, you might want to use the Intelligent Frame Correction plugin, use the MediaPortal Desktop Extension installer to check for updates and then install from there, to control aspect ratio.

Have you got the videomodeswitcher plugin enabled, that automatically is set to stretch 4:3 to 16:9

pouskidis

November 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hi, you are correct, it was indeed the videomodeswitcher plugin that was enabled by default. I just disabled it and the a/r is normal know. I think i shouldn't be on by default, many people don't know about it.
    Thanks for the tip! :)

Last edited:

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've just made a fresh "one-click" installation of MediaPortal 1.3.0 Beta and the VideoModeSwitcher plugin is not enabled by default.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for confirming guys, so no bug.

Have to say, I did a clean install when I changed to MySQL5.5, and I definitely did not touch that plugin and it is disabled on mine as well.

pouskidis

November 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Well, mine was on on 2 seperate machines and clean installs, the installer was from the first days, I can't explain it. Anyway, it is settled now, thanks you guys, keep it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom