Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Community, hi devs, hi Hwahrmann!

Is it possible to fix a little bug? I have two (or more ) different files tagged as "Symphonie No. 9", but only one Cover wiil be shown! I attach the MediaInfo - Textfiles! In this case, only the Beethoven cover will be shown, not the Mahler!

Best regards

Helios

Lemond

Portal Member
    December 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Helios

I think you need to rename/retag the album names to e.g.:

Album: Symphonie No. 9 Beethoven
    Album: Symphonie No. 9 Mahler

This makes a difference between the two albums and MP is then able to distinguish between the two files.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Lemond

Hi Helios

I think you need to rename/retag the album names to e.g.:

Album: Symphonie No. 9 Beethoven
    Album: Symphonie No. 9 Mahler

This makes a difference between the two albums and MP is then able to distinguish between the two files.

Thank you, thats a solution, but for example "Symphonie No. 9 - Beethoven" played by BPO, conducted by H. v. Karajan i have here in five different Versions! I ithink, thats a problem: same orchestra, same title, same composer, only date and somtimes Label is different!

Best regards
    Helios

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The problem is that we store the album covers as Artist - Album, so you would end up 5 times with "Beethoven - Symphonie No. 9" and the last one wins.

i know we start now discussion again, how valueable it would be to have composer, conductor, etc. in the database, but this is not the fact ciurrently.
    so you need to find a way of tagging your albums so that they are unique in some way.

no oher chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom