[further infos missing] Wrong default recording folder (1 Viewer)

c 4

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
The recording folder in the TV Server Configuration for DVB-S2 is C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV by default, but my recording was saved to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\
After I changed the target folder, the new folder worked.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello c 4

Sorry, but I have no idea what you're saying. All I know is that C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\ is the default recording folder which will be used if you haven't set the recording folder for a tuner. Also, changing the recording folder requires a TV service restart.

mm

c 4

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\ is the default recording folder which will be used
    In my fresh MP1.5.0 Pre install, that default recording folder in TV Server Configuration is "C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV"
    I did not change that path but still, my recordings went to "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings\" (like you say, but the tool stated a different path)

To confirm my observation I tested it in a virtual machine - while I can't simulate a tvcard, the default recording folder for "RadioWebStream Card (builtin)" and MediaPortal IPTV Source filter was displayed as "C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV".
    So there are two possibilities: Either this path is the default only for those two signal sources and there is another default path for DVB-S which I did not notice when I did the initial configuration
    or
    if "C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV" would also appear in TVServerConfiguration as the default recording folder for DVB-S, then there is something wrong.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Need logs. If you have more than one tuner, check the patch for the other tuners, or select 'use folder for all tuners' (whatever the precise wording is).

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This has nothing to do with logs - like I said I already successfully changed the path. I am talking about factory default setting stating one thing and MP actually doing another.
    Logs are here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/why-no-standby.121196

My suspicion is that for some reason the tuner showing as first in config has one folder, and the one you are using has another folder.

However, without clean logs to show the problem, it is hard to tell whether there is a bug or not.

How many tuners do you have enabled?

c 4

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    To tell the truth, I did not even notice that I could deactivate tuners, so I have all tuners enabled that are enabled by default: RadioWebStream, DvbIP and DvbS.
    Like I tried to tell in my earlier posts, all three have been active and in "Recording - Folders" I had to choose my Dvb-S2 tuner from a dropdown menu. That was when the "wrong" folder was displayed - unless I made a mistake. If so, in my defense: the configuration GUI actually is a bit misleading here - the connection between selected tuner and respective recording folder is not made clear.

Since I have other problems with MP atm, I might have to reinstall it, if I do, I will report back if I was right, that's all I can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom