Wrong duration shown in Now Playing (1 Viewer)

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
April 22, 2006
Tirol
Home Country
Austria Austria
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0
MediaPortal Skin: Blue2 wide
Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
HDD: Western Digital Caviar 320GByte
Memory: 2 x 512MB Corsair XMS2 DIMM 1024MB PC2-6400U CL5-5-5-12
Motherboard: ASUS P5B-E
Motherboard Chipset: Intel P965/ICH8R
Motherboard Bios: Asus 1002
Video Card: ASUS EN7600GT/HTDI
Video Card Driver: ForceWare 93.71
Sound Card: ESI Juli@
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: v1.18
1. TV Card: FloppyDTV DVB-C/CI
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: 4.2.0 BDA
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Zalman HD160
Cooling: AeroCool HT-102 / SilenX iXtrema Pro
Power Supply: Seasonic SS-301HT
Remote: MCE over IRTrans
TV: Sharp Aquos LC-46 XD1E
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI-HDMI

I've a lot of VBR MP3s (from my own CDs) that, thanks to the new integrated tag reader, are shown with their correct length in the folder view:
wrongduration1pb2.jpg

however in the now playing screen the wrong duration is displayed:
wrongduration2ap6.jpg

I'm using the internal dx player (not bass engine)
Would it be possible to display the duration from the tag reader in now playing as well?

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
April 22, 2006
Tirol
Home Country
Austria Austria
I've read somewhere in the svn that "wrong time displaying" is fixed, but this problem is not fixed in my case.
This problem was there all the time, but I hoped the new tag reader would fix this.

Unfortunately some bugs are now within my music that have not been there in earlier versions:
* The now playing screen exits after the first song of a folder (a folder that contains mp3 files representing a whole CD)
* In now playing the folder.jpg does not get displayed for double albums (that are stored in two folders ending with CD1/CD2)

My impression is, that the now playing is kind of neglected now. Earlier now playing was standard, when doing a fresh setup of mp, now the use of it has to be configured after setup (play now behaviour).
Will now playing be still developed/supported further or is it planed to remove it completely sometime in the future?

:( It's kind of sad, that now playing is not working properly atm, because I like the now playing very much and other users have the same problem as I do eg:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/now_playing_wont_stick-t14761.html
Where "now playing screen exits after the first song of a folder" is clearly the most annoying bug.
Knowing if it's planed to fix at least the "now playing screen exits" would be great. I would know if there is still hope and I would keep trying newer svn from time or else if not I could decide to step back to 2.1.0 where everything was ok in my music except the "wrong time" thing.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The time displayed is now the one which is used at the other places of MP, too. It's the tagreader's duration now.

I am able to reproduce the "exit" now when not using BASS engine - stay tuned ;)

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2006
    Tirol
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thanks a lot rtv! The exit problem with now playing when using the internal dshow player is fixed now! :)
    Tried the bass engine a bit today and found out when using the bass engine, the correct time is displayed in the now playing screen.
    The wrong time only gets displayed when using the dshow player. Is this inherited by the player or can this maybe fixed as well?

Big :D for fixing the now playing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom