Wrong skip jumps when watching TV | Page 2

Discussion in '1.0 final and SVN Builds' started by tatus, January 1, 2009.

1. astrapowerrr

astrapowerrr Portal Pro

mechanic
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    i there

same problem here...

any solutions found?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. tatus

tatus Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Im sorry but I had no replies in this thread.

4. Realkane
    • Premium Supporter

Realkane Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I have the same problem. It seems, that using the MPC Video Decoder helps to reduce this problem. But it would be cool, if this also would work with other codecs like power-dvd video decoder.

Greetings,
    Christian

5. tatus

tatus Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
  6. Realkane
    • Premium Supporter

Realkane Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    I hope you'll be right, that this could be the bug.

7. nemo1982
    • Premium Supporter

nemo1982 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Also wrong skip jumps in Timeshifted TV

Hello together,

is there meanwhile a solution for the problem? I'm still having the problem. For me it occured in everey of the final MP versions 1.0, 1.01 and also 1.02. But I think it has nothing to do with the latest versions because the 1.0 version was the first version I'm using client-server mode on different machines. Before I used the MP 1.0 verion with the new TV-Server and the MP TV-Client on one machine. So I also think the problem has something to to with seperated machines.

For me it is also the same with the timeshift length. With short lags behing live TV about 5 Minutes there is no problem but with longer lags may be 20-30 minutes or longer I get these problems, that skipping brings me up to the end instead of only 15, 30 or 60 seconds further. And then I've also to do some clicks to bring the programm again backwards in time. After this procedure I can skip forward and back without any problems. Only after a time of viewing TV (may be to the next comercial) the same problem happens.

I've these problems on everey client with different hardware and operating systems (WinXP, Vista, Win7). I've the problem also for several TV-Server operating systems (WinXP, Win2003, Win2008). For decoding the TV Stream I'm using the standard Mediaportal Decoder MPV and MPA.

8. tatus

tatus Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    meanwhile there are several threads on this subject. I have very little time, maybe someone could help reproducing this situation clearly and make a correct bug posting with log files. Nemo, my situation is identical to yours...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!