1.10.0 Wrong song selected when playlist is available in directory (1 Viewer)

killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

I'm running 1.11 pre release(with another fix from https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp1-4578-crashes-after-standby.128997/) but got an issue with selecting songs. I think this problem was also in previous releases but it wasn't really clear to me what exactly caused it.

When a directory with music contains both a playlist(m3u) and some mp3 files(also included in that playlist) the wrong mp3 file is selected/playing when not using the playlist. Always the mp3 file below the one selected starts playing when selecting a mp3. This problem doesn't occur when I just start playing the playlist and choose from the songs within the playlist.

For example. When a directory contains:

playlist.m3u(which contains song1.mp3, song2.mp3, song3.mp3, song4.mp3)
song1.mp3
song2.mp3
song3.mp3
song4.mp3

When I select song1.mp3 to play it will start playing song2.mp3, same for song3.mp3 which starts playing song4.mp3.

The problem doesn't occur when there is no playlist available in the specific folder or the playlist is used to play the songs. I also noticed when a folder contains 2 playlists the problem is a bit different. In the above example when 2 playlists are available and I will play song1.mp3, song3.mp3 will start playing. So it seems like it changes one spot.

My system is running
Windows 8.1 x64
Music is located on my nas

I've included logs(don't think it will help but played some songs before making the zip). I've also included screenshots of the settings how my music part is configured. If any additional information is needed I will be glad to provide this.

Attachments

• Knipsel2.PNG
    Knipsel2.PNG
    144.5 KB
  • Knipsel3.PNG
    Knipsel3.PNG
    193.9 KB
  • Knipsel.PNG
    Knipsel.PNG
    196.8 KB
  • Knipsel4.PNG
    Knipsel4.PNG
    206.7 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Could you test with official 1.11 pre release, you can reinstall MP1-4578 build over it after. ?
    If it didn't happen, it mean the fix for M3U is not in MP1-4578 build (i think it should be in but maybe i did something wrong lol)

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If you ask me someone made a little mistake with an index in a list or something where the playlist is excluded in one and not excluded in the other. But would be nice if you can take a look.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It's me, i have reproduce an issue about it wrong item selected and fixed it at least on my testing folder that contain m3u and mp3 but it seems to failed in your case so the fix is not correct :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I have something to test :)
    Could you try the future uploaded bin ?

Ps : you can copy it over official or MP1-4578 build.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Seb, I noticed this behaviour yesterday as well. Weird and missed it during testing.

I will test this as well for you. Tonight possibly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom