WTV Organizer in MediaPortal2? (1 Viewer)

Jimixter

November 3, 2019
Home Country
England England
With the impending termination of support for Windows 7, I am another user who is migrating away from WMC and searching for an alternative.

I have installed MediaPortal 2, and have enabled the WMC skin which looks great. However, my previous WMC .wtv files have not imported successfully, and I suspect I could ideally do with the "WTV Organizer" plug-in. However, it appears this is only currently available for MediaPortal 1?

I cannot even find a way to install plug-ins for MediaPortal 2?

How can I successfully import and organise my WMC media into MediaPortal 2?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have installed MediaPortal 2, and have enabled the WMC skin which looks great. However, my previous WMC .wtv files have not imported successfully, and I suspect I could ideally do with the "WTV Organizer" plug-in. However, it appears this is only currently available for MediaPortal 1?
    wtv files from WMC are out of the box recognized by MP2. Please upload log files, of your's are not imported. In best case move at least one wtv file out of the import folder, run an import, then place it back, reimport and attach the log files.
    [Finished] - Add MCE recording support to MP2 (.wtv + .dvr-ms)

I cannot even find a way to install plug-ins for MediaPortal 2?
    I hope you tried to install MP2 plugins, as MP1 plugins are not compatible. MP2 is not even based on MP1.
    Most features are already integrated in the core of MP2, thats why not many plugins can be found.

Jimixter

November 3, 2019
    Home Country
    England England
    wtv files from WMC are out of the box recognized by MP2. Please upload log files, of your's are not imported. In best case move at least one wtv file out of the import folder, run an import, then place it back, reimport and attach the log files.
    Ok I think what's got me somewhat confused here is the Videos/Movies/Series section (see WMC skin). I can now locate previously-recorded TV programmes under TV | Recordings. But in WMC, movies that were recorded from the EPG also showed up in the Movies section. That doesn't seem to be the case with MP2, and nothing appears to have been loaded under the Videos/Movies/Series sections. What should one expect to see here?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That doesn't seem to be the case with MP2, and nothing appears to have been loaded under the Videos/Movies/Series sections. What should one expect to see here?
    Series and Movies, that you imported there. I do not understand why recordings should be not under recordings? The EPG has often also not enough information for recognize, if it's a movie or series. Btw. WMC works the same as far as I remember.

Jimixter

November 3, 2019
    Home Country
    England England
    Series and Movies, that you imported there. I do not understand why recordings should be not under recordings? The EPG has often also not enough information for recognize, if it's a movie or series. Btw. WMC works the same as far as I remember.
    So all 1186 of our WMC .wtv recordings appear under TV | Recordings, but Videos/Movies/Series sections are completely empty despite many of our previous recordings being movies and TV series. It would be great if we could somehow get MP2 to identify the movies we previously recorded, and list them under the Movies section. This is why I wondered if we needed the WTV Organizer add-in, to rename and organise files based on metadata, in order for MP2 to be able to "import" them correctly. However as you pointed out, WTV Organizer is a MP1 plug-in and so this does not appear to be an option. How might we get Movies to be correctly listed?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So all 1186 of our WMC .wtv recordings appear under TV | Recordings, but Videos/Movies/Series sections are completely empty despite many of our previous recordings being movies and TV series. It would be great if we could somehow get MP2 to identify the movies we previously recorded, and list them under the Movies section. This is why I wondered if we needed the WTV Organizer add-in, to rename and organise files based on metadata, in order for MP2 to be able to "import" them correctly. However as you pointed out, WTV Organizer is a MP1 plug-in and so this does not appear to be an option. How might we get Movies to be correctly listed?
    I have thousands of movies and series, but I'm not doing any recordings, so I might be the wrong one to help here.
    With forum search function you can find more information, e.g. here

Jimixter

November 3, 2019
    Home Country
    England England
    I have thousands of movies and series, but I'm not doing any recordings, so I might be the wrong one to help here.
    With forum search function you can find more information, e.g. here
    Could you please point me to instructions on how to import movies separately to TV recordings? How does MP2 differentiate between a movie .wtv file and a TV series .wtf file? How does one populate the Movies section with movie recordings?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could you please point me to instructions on how to import movies separately to TV recordings?
    It’s all linked in the thread I linked above.

How does MP2 differentiate between a movie .wtv file and a TV series .wtf file?
    By different paths configured in the importer. Normally movies and series are stored separately and not in one folder. The Wiki describes all details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom