WTV Organizer Plugin for Windows 7 Media Center files (1 Viewer)

famewolf

Portal Pro
June 7, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Would the wtv organizer also work with dvr-ms? I know of apps like wtvwatcher who convert the files so other apps can process commercials...convert to mp4 or mkv etc....I'm just not sure the order things would happen if your app is wanting to rename the wtv's and wtvwatcher is wanting to convert to dvr-ms.

If you allowed moving the new file to a new folder then followup apps could look into the NEW folder to ensure you had finished processing the files...just a thought.

It would seem logical to allow the user to provide overrides in the settings such as "Show name" and tvdb id to identify which show a person is tracking. Would this eliminate the problems with duplicate show names?

famewolf

Portal Pro
June 7, 2009
Home Country
thlucas,

What method do you use to enable comskip so that the wtv's will skip commercials when played back in mediaportal? Also if I want to convert the wtv's to mp4's...how can I ensure the conversion doesn't interfere with your renaming process as once it's a mp4 your program will no longer process them even if I reattach the metadata to the mp4.

*update* Nevermind. I installed MCEBuddy 2.0 beta17 which in addition to comskip/conversion to mp4 also renames/drops into show folders so it's all done in one package.

thlucas

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Omaha, NE
Home Country
This plugin is causing MP to crash. Is there anyway to get this as a standalone program?

Can you provide a little more detail? Ie what plugin version are you running? what operating system are you using? Any MP trace logs? Does the crash happen right away, or after a certain time or function? Note that this plugin will not work on Windows Vista, as Vista uses dvr-ms format instead of the newer wtv format.

I don't have a standalone program for this plugin.

hotshot2k3

January 24, 2012
Home Country
Hotfile.com: 1-CLICK Dateihoster: MediaPortalLogs_25_01_12__19_19.zip

Windows 7
MP 1.2.2
Plugin 1.0.5.0

The crash happens right away but your plugin seems to work in renaming some of the files if I don't hit the close program prompt.
One program in particular "The Chew" will not be renamed, possibly because it doesn't have a season and episode number. It does have an episode title though and would like the file renamed to that if your plugin can do that. It doesn't have a tvdb entry which might be the problem

thlucas

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Omaha, NE
Home Country
Windows 7
MP 1.2.2
Plugin 1.0.5.0

The crash happens right away but your plugin seems to work in renaming some of the files if I don't hit the close program prompt.
One program in particular "The Chew" will not be renamed, possibly because it doesn't have a season and episode number. It does have an episode title though and would like the file renamed to that if your plugin can do that. It doesn't have a tvdb entry which might be the problem

Thanks for sending the log files. After review, it seems the problem is related to either the newer v1.2.2 build or an assembly trust issue. I'm leaning toward the v1.2.2, as I have v1.2.1 installed and that's what the plugin was compiled against. I will try to install v1.2.2 this weekend and see if I can reproduce the issue. Here's Microsofts explanation of the exception:

"This exception is thrown in situations such as the following:
  • A private, protected, or internal method that would not be accessible from normal compiled code is accessed from partially trusted code by using reflection.
  • A security-critical method is accessed from transparent code.
  • The access level of a method in a class library has changed, and one or more assemblies that reference the library have not been recompiled.

As for the renaming, TheTVDB definitely has to have the season and episode number AND the WTV metadata has to be set correctly with the episode name and air date. I have some instances of WTV metadata being incorrect, where the file does not get renamed and I have to rename it manually.

Will keep you posted.

thlucas

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Omaha, NE
Home Country
I downgraded to 1.2.1 and it also crashes.

Does is still issue the following message in the MP log?

MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
Exception :confused:ystem.MethodAccessException: C3.Common.C3DisposeBase.Dispose(Boolean) at C3.DirectShow.MetaDataEditor.Finalize()
Exception :C3.Common.C3DisposeBase.Dispose(Boolean)
site :Void Finalize()
source :C3.DirectShow
stacktrace: at C3.DirectShow.MetaDataEditor.Finalize()

I am running the plugin on MP1.2.1 on 2 different Windows 7 machines, as well as on my test Windows XP instance without any issues.

If you wouldn't mind, I would like you to turn on internal plugin diagnostics. You can do this by adding the following in the MediaPortal.exe.config file, then starting MP. It will create a file in the specified location that contains detailed plugin trace information. Note that you will need to adjust the "filename=" value to the appropriate path - the example below creates the trace file in the MP log directory on a Windows XP machine.

To enable the plugin trace, add the following settings to the MediaPortal.exe.config file under the <APPSETTINGS> section:

<!-- C3.Diagnostics Trace Settings. -->
<add key="C3Trace.Enabled" value="True" />
<add key="C3Trace.AppName" value="MediaPortal" />
<add key="C3Trace.Level" value="Debug" />
<add key="C3Trace.DefaultLevel" value="Debug" />
<add key="C3Trace.Connections" value="file(filename=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal\log\C3MPTrace.sil, rotate=daily, maxparts=14, append=true)" />

Just start MP and wait for it to crash - then send me the "C3MPTrace.sil" file.

Thanks for your patience - I'm confident we can figure out the problem.

Todd

hurblyburbly

February 5, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello - I think I'm having the same issue, so have followed your instructions to create the .sil file.

Just to check I haven't done anything daft:

1. I have MP 1.2.2.0 - never installed it before this version, and it is installed just as the program (i.e. told the installer I didn't want to watch TV, so no TV service installed.)
2. I have installed the MP-TVSeries plugin 3.2.0.1909 and pointed it to my recorded TV folder (which in this case is on a different disk "D:Recorded TV").
3. I have told MP to use the wtv extension in the Video Extensions bit of expert mode config.
4. I have configured the plugin with my recorded tv folder in the mp config program

MP crashes on startup and, as reported by the other user, keeps processing files in the background, until I click the 'close program' button.

The MP error log says:
2012-02-05 20:15:04.997616 [ERROR][(2)]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
2012-02-05 20:15:05.000616 [ERROR][(2)]: Exception :confused:ystem.MethodAccessException: C3.Common.C3DisposeBase.Dispose(Boolean)
at C3.DirectShow.MetaDataEditor.Finalize()
2012-02-05 20:15:05.009616 [ERROR][(2)]: Exception :C3.Common.C3DisposeBase.Dispose(Boolean)
2012-02-05 20:15:05.011616 [ERROR][(2)]: site :Void Finalize()
2012-02-05 20:15:05.013616 [ERROR][(2)]: source :C3.DirectShow
2012-02-05 20:15:05.014617 [ERROR][(2)]: stacktrace: at C3.DirectShow.MetaDataEditor.Finalize()

System is Windows 7 x64.

Let me know if I can do anythign else to help.

hurblyburbly

February 5, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Bit more info that may help

If I remove all the Recorded TV Paths from MPConfig > Plugins > WTV Organizer > Config

Then no crash on startup.

If I add back the default C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV

then still no crash on startup.

If I add "D:\Recorded TV" then I get a crash on startup.

------
Edit: Sorry - Red Herring - it was just because the c: recorded TV folder was empty - as soon as I put some files in there, it started crashing.

Also it doesn't crash if I enable plugin Developer Test Mode in the plugin settings, but then one file gets renamed as an episode of Chuck!!

Have also confirmed that fresh install of windows x64 followed by mediaportal 1.21, followed by the wtv plugin suffers from the crash. Maybe something left over from previous versions is helping it to work on the machines where it is working?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom