X10 remote questions please. (1 Viewer)

rede96

Portal Member
January 6, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am using an X10 remote from another PC. I have installed the X10 drivers that came with the other PC onto this one and the remote is working. As yet, I have not installed the firefly drivers. Also my MP is just 0.2.3.0 with no SVN as yet.

The remote is working ok outside of MP, that is some of the keys seem to be already mapped by the driver and I can move left/right/up/down etc. I have not tested all of them yet.

In learning mode (MP Remote settings = X10>other) some of the keys are already correct so I change the ones that aren't such as left/right/up/down etc. When I do this I get a double press issue when in MP menu. If I don't change the codes in learning mode then I don't get the double press issue.

So I had a few questions I would like some help with please.

1) As for the double press problem, I know from a much earlier post that it was recommended to install the firefly X10 drivers. However I thought this issue was resolved in the latest build. Is this still the case or should I stick with my current drivers?

2) There are 2 sets of commands in learning mode to change the basic keys. (i.e. 2x0-9, 2xFF, 2xRW, 2xPlay etc.) When learning, do I change both sets or just the top/bottom set?

3) Is there a link for me to read up on what all the rest of the commands are for please?

4) I take it that any changes to the mapping /remote code I make in MP only effect MP. Is there a way to change/map different codes so I can utilise my remote outside of MP. (That's just a nice to have and isn't too important but it would save me having to use my remote keyboard for certain things that's all.)

I know I should spend a bit more time reading the forum etc. but I have just spent the last 2 weeks sorting out some hardware issues and my other half is a bit pi**ed off with the amount of time I been spending on this project. (She thinks that ‘plug and play’ applies to everything, literally!)

So any help anyone could throw in my direction would be much appreciated.

TIA.
Red

Stripes

February 4, 2008
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Unfortunately I'm getting the same error here. When I click on left/right/up/down on my remote it makes like double tap =(

Could anyone help?

My remote:
X10_RemoteControl.jpg

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi,

I'm the author of most of the X10 stuff. If you could please check the box for extended debugging information in the X10 section and post your configuration and MP logs, I'll be more than happy to take a look. Please perform the minimum number of steps after opening either program to repeat your problem so i don't have huge log files to look through. It might take a little while, my SO is getting pissed at me also ;D

Stripes

February 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Late night I solved the problem by removing the Left, Right, Up, Down, OKAY, Enter, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 buttons.

Don't worry, those buttons will work anyway but now without the double pressing problem :)

sdah1.png

Anyway, many thanks for the help :D

rede96

Portal Member
    January 6, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi diehard2 and thanks for the help. I have attached the logs as requested.

Just for info, I tried Stripes method (Thanks M8 :) ) and the double movement was better. I still had a few problems, like when TV is running if I access the channel menu then I can move down ok, but when I try and move up it just kicks me back to the menus by the side of the TV window.

Oh BTW, the logs are from before I deleted the mappings.

bilo1000
    I read the link you posted but I haven't tried it yet. I'll give it a go later. Cheers M8.

Cheers
    Red

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom