X10 remote - VISTA (1 Viewer)

mts

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I have tried to use my X10 medion-remote under vista.
The standard X10-utility/driver doesn't work very well under vista, because the service doesn't stop when I try to shutdown my PC. Thats why I have downloaded the latest driver+utility from medion.
Problem: This utility handles my remote as a HID (keyboard). When I press the DOWN-arrow MP sends a down-message AND this X10-service sends a down message as keyboard. Result: 2 downmessages.
Other buttons (e.g. DVD) starts powerDVD automatically!

Do you have any solution for it?

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    hi, please turn on the debugging in the remote sectino and post your logs

mts

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As soon as I am back at home I will do that, but I don`t think it`s necessary. It is not a bug of MP, it is more the fact that I can`t turn off the keyboard emulation of the X10 service.

Is there anybody who uses X10 under vista64?

mts

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    here my logfiles. I have pressed the down-button and waited for about 3.sec then I pressed a button again.
    In the logfile you can see the X10-event but you don't see, that the keyboard send also a down message.

The Problem is the X10-driver! It handles inputs as HID.

P.S. At the moment the only solution is to remove the HID-divice under hardware-control, but as soon as I reboot my system the HID is back.

Domarkas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same prob here @Vista 32 Sp1. Someone in thge forum wrote to let Vista install automatically the driver comming with vista and check the right config in MP config section Remote.
    In this time most of my buttons on Firefly work ok but not all . Still working on it.

By the way: I see that you are working with several clients with TV Server. I tried to get 5 TV Cards for 5 clients. 2 Streams are ok but no 3. or. 4. stream. allways using only the first 2 TV Cards. Do you have an tip for me?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom