XBMC with MediaPortal LiveTV backend and HD-PVR - working config (1 Viewer)

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    Good afternoon,

Over the past few months, I've been trying to get XBMC to work as a client PC for rooms where very little TV is watched and I don't need the full functionality of the MediaPortal client (ie: the bedroom, and my office). The biggest hurdle has been stuttering video and/or major audio delay (primarily H.264 recordings from the HD-PVR) on XBMC clients, while the MediaPortal client would work just fine.

Anyway, I wanted to document this, for anyone else that may run into this in the future. Key things:

Client PC: - OpenElec Gotham beta build
    - Tried using on-board Intel HD 3000 graphics - TERRIBLE deinterlacing of video
    - Upgraded to an Nvidia Geforce GT 610 - deinterlacing issues resolved

MediaPortal server:
    - Upgraded HD-PVR drivers to 1.7.300.59.1 - no more lip sync / audio issues in XBMC on H.264 content (so far)

There appears to be a bug in the 1.7.300.59.1 HD-PVR drivers, where the brightness is too bright on one capture device, so I still have to look into that, but so far, this is looking like a working config.

Additionally, my Macbook Pro (OSX Mavericks) is now able to run XBMC and stream these channels as well, without lip sync issues.

The HD-PVR drivers were key here (along with dumping the Intel graphics on the client, which don't seem to be that well supported in Linux/Openelec).

Hopefully this information will be useful for others with HD-PVR's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    Symphy Version 0.2.9.0 for MediaPortal 1.25 ASIO music player 0
    doskabouter Installing mediaportal MediaPortal 1 3
    A Mediaportal Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    G Update von MediaPortal Installationsprobleme? 0
    ajs [News] MediaPortal 1 - 1.25 Released! News and Announcements 1
    horned_reaper Standby is prevented by MediaPortal client General Support 0
    U [solved] MediaPortal crashing on startup General Support 10
    g0rsq Info box randomly popping up when watching TV or other video MediaPortal 2 Newcomers Forum 1
    high [unanswered] Hallo möchte gerne Mediaportal. nutzen kann mich jemand anrufen? contactform feedback and requests 2
    ajs [News] MediaPortal 1.25 Pre-Release ready for testing! News and Announcements 0
    ajs [Rejected] Mediaportal Codename MediaPortal 1 41
    M 2nd (Touch-)Display Support on MediaPortal 2 such MPDisplay++? General 2
    N Steam release of MediaPortal MediaPortal 1 Talk 0
    torone Dritter versuch mit Mediaportal 2 Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 1
    M Fehlerhafter Link auf der aktuellen MediaPortal Seite Page- und Forumsfeedback 0
    H 1.24.0 MP 1.24 high CPU utilization when 'Keep MediaPortal always on top' option enabled Bugreports 4
    mickb [solved] Mediaportal Stops working General Support 5
    J [solved] Newbie to MediaPortal 2 - Cannot open/run TV programs Newcomers Forum 4
    atlantic How to use Spotify inside Mediaportal? Listen Music 18
    horned_reaper MediaPortal configuration error log message General Support 1
    Rob Hexenmeister Mediaportal Properties #plot etc... General Support 3
    ajs [News] MediaPortal 1 - 1.24 Released! News and Announcements 3
    S [solved] access the desktop without leaving mediaportal General Support 5
    J New computer with win10 and how will i set Mediaportal up ? Newcomers Forum 55
    T MediaPortal Extensions Manager Fehlermeldung bei Installation einer Erweiterung Installationsprobleme? 1