XBMC | Page 5

Discussion in 'Other HTPC Applications' started by landes, August 10, 2009.

1. LeJimster

LeJimster Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I must admit after seeing folks using xmbc on youtube and becoming frustrated with bugs in MediaPortal I was considering switching to xmbc with a seperate app for recording tv, possibly mythtv. So I gave it a try and it's by far more polished in the UI department, even though there is more visual effects going on, it's slick and fast. I was just about to really considering switching over, that was until I saw the memory usage. 1.6GB! and thats from a plain vanilla installation of xmbc. As I only have 2GB installed in my HTPC.. that's just way too much. It possibly explained why things felt smoother however, since they probably load just about everything into memory.

So I'm sticking with MediaPortal and I will pray for all the annoying bugs to die and go to bug heaven/hell (wherever they may belong! ;))

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. chrut

chrut Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I have Vista x64 and SRM5100, how do I get the remote to work? I'm a noob so can u give me some details? Thanks.

4. marv

marv Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    LeJimster: XBMC was originally written for the XBOX with 64MB RAM. XBMC doesn't require much memory, maybe you misread something?! did u enable debug mode (where u can see the memory usage? - it displays the FREEmem, not the mem its using. i guess 1.6gig are still free?!

5. dorramide7

dorramide7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    I wouldn't want the wife to have to deal with two completely different applications for watchin recorded tv and watching video. She (and I) would go crazy. One software to rule them all. That's why the XBMC guys are planning an interface for TV. Couldn't live without it, and certainly not with ugly DVBViewer (yes, I bought it too).

6. hoborg

hoborg Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1,621 / 2
    Home Country:
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Show System Specs
    He,he,my wife is able to handle it, it is preaty easy. I play most of files in GB-PVR, XBMC is used only minimal.

7. DieBagger
    • Team MediaPortal

DieBagger Retired Team Member

Android Developer
    Ratings:
    +1,302 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    Show System Specs
    The proper way to kill them bugs (and send them into coding-hell) is to create good bugreports and bug (no pun intended) developers until they fix it... ;)

• Like Like x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!