Tools and other software XBNE : MediaPortal Video Database editor. (1 Viewer)

raider

August 15, 2011
Thanks MEGA180. I follow ur instructions and I think it is working....somewhat.

Could u please explain the "model catalogue html" function and the "model sheet html" function? I can't seem to understand what I really need to do here.

MEGA180

Portal Pro
January 8, 2007
Home Country
France France
So In the edit multiple item, on the presentation page first line you select the path to catalogue.html, it is a basic catalog model.
On the second line you select Sheet.html or any other fiche.html, this will be a sheet model for each film you selected above.
On the third line, if you leave it blank the files created will be created in the same path as your videos. Or you can give another path.
When you click on the create the presentation of selected Movies, it will prompt you for a name for your catalog (like list of my movies).
The you wait and you will have One "list of my movies.html" and a file for each movie named "nameofthemovie.html" witch is a presentation sheet for each movie.

Got it ?

Vincent81

Portal Member
June 29, 2010
Home Country
France France
Thank MEGA180 for responding to messages, I'm almost on vacation. On returning, I would end the new documentation and if someone could translate it I'd be very happy. (Sorry for my bad english)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I can do the proof reading and correct any English grammar errors, will also need some time to make sure things work as per written instructions.

raider

August 15, 2011
    Thanks MEGA180. Excellent explanation. I now get it to work correctly.

vincent - I am wondering if it is possible to implement the master page with categories? Say I have 200 movies...instead of listing all these 200 movies in 1 master html file, perhaps the master file could have categories like Action, Drama, etc, so that by pressing "action", it will display all movies under that category only. this will be most helpful if we have large video collection. I have about 170 action movies and about 200 dramas and the master file is really long to scroll....

Thanks

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    vincent after holiday ;)

One thing I found straight away regarding MP video database is set to use .jpg for thumbs, xbne is set to use tbn, as you can see in pictures the effect, coverart roles onto all films from first displayed in list.

.tbn

sshot-1.jpgsshot-2.jpg

Change to jpg under options "path, cache, others" section gives correct coverart (top right, seen at default tbn).

sshot-3.jpgsshot-4.jpg

MEGA180

Portal Pro
    January 8, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Change to jpg under options "path, cache, others" section gives correct coverart (top right, seen at default tbn).

The .jpg option has been recently added by Vincent for mediaPortal support, so you must choose this option.
    Did you experienced a problem after selecting .jpg ?

I am wondering if it is possible to implement the master page with categories?

I think you can use the magnifying glass next to Genre and select a specific genre, I don't know if it helps ?
    Or do you mean slect by categories in the html catalog ?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    The .jpg option has been recently added by Vincent for mediaPortal support, so you must choose this option.
    Did you experienced a problem after selecting .jpg ?

Nope, just threw me off until I changed it, would be nice that its set automatically, same as showing it is a mediaportal db that has been imported, not a great problem when you know it needs to be changed though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom