Xbox One - A competitor to MediaPortal? (1 Viewer)

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried voxcommando and it is working fine. The Problem are the microphones. I used a basic gaming headset and the voice recognition worked fine but if you want to be able to use voice commands without an headset or via smartphone app over a few meters distance and turned on live tv or music , you need to buy a real good, expensive mic. I am in hope that the new kinect could be usefull for this.
    Afaik the new kinect for pc will cost something about 200$ which is cheaper than other microphone solutions i found. With the possibility to use it for gaming and the improved camera for motion capturing, the new kinect could be a great gadget for a htpc :).

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If the xbox can change channels via hdmi in the future on a sky box and pass thru the video.. is this something mediaportal could replicate or do you think it would be propriety code / features needed to be licensed from sky??

Olli123

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2012
    I dont think about a pass-through function.

I think about running MP as a "APP" on the XBox One.
    So it could be totaly independent progamm.

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MS has never allowed people to run software like that and certainly aren't hoing to now. Even if it were possible in the future it would probably require circumventing the boxes security and Team Mediaportal won't support that officially. Think thats dream world stuff, wouldn't hold your breath.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    With Microsoft opening up the Xbox to 3rd party developers through universal apps, are there any chances we'll see a MP-app? Perhaps as a client for MP2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom