xbox remote (1 Viewer)

scatman

Portal Member
August 21, 2007
was wondering if anyone can launch media portal with a xbox remote
and if so how do they map the button for it....

ps i was also wondering how come when i play divx videos i cannot use my xbox remote it seems to happen only when the divx logo comes on the screen anyonw have this problem

john

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    How are you using the remote? What is the receiver? What software are you using?

We need more info mate.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok cool, that's a plugin I wrote so hopefully I can help you out here.

The plugin can't be used to launch MediaPortal because it is only running once MediaPortal is already loaded.

Not sure why you're losing functions when you play divx, but that could be due to the plugin being a little out of date now.

The way around all this is to disable the plugin and move to the IR Server Suite (linked in my sig).

IR Server Suite has support for XBCDRC built in and has many more functions.

Install the IR Server, MP Control Plugin (to control MediaPortal), and either Translator or Tray Launcher (to launch MediaPortal).

1. Configure IR Server to use the Xbox Remote.

2. Configure the MP Control Plugin to control MediaPortal.

3. Configure Tray Launcher to load MediaPortal when a particular button is pressed.
    or
    3. Configure Translator to control your entire PC.

If you have any trouble post back here and I'll try to help you out.

Good luck,

scatman

Portal Member
    August 21, 2007
    thank you very much Aaron will give it a go now and ill get back to you

john

ok Aaron ive got the program installed but how do i setup my xbox remote i cant figure it out (amature here)

john

slackerpete

January 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    ok cool, that's a plugin I wrote so hopefully I can help you out here.

The plugin can't be used to launch MediaPortal because it is only running once MediaPortal is already loaded.

Not sure why you're losing functions when you play divx, but that could be due to the plugin being a little out of date now.

The way around all this is to disable the plugin and move to the IR Server Suite (linked in my sig).

IR Server Suite has support for XBCDRC built in and has many more functions.

Install the IR Server, MP Control Plugin (to control MediaPortal), and either Translator or Tray Launcher (to launch MediaPortal).

1. Configure IR Server to use the Xbox Remote.

2. Configure the MP Control Plugin to control MediaPortal.

3. Configure Tray Launcher to load MediaPortal when a particular button is pressed.
    or
    3. Configure Translator to control your entire PC.

If you have any trouble post back here and I'll try to help you out.

Good luck,

I can't ge the buttons 1-9 to function on the Xbox remote, do you know how to fix this? I read som other posts about the same problem but I never found a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom