XML file missing for recorded TV shows (1 Viewer)

jreberry

Portal Member
January 19, 2012
I’m looking for some help regarding a MP TV Server XML problem.

I recently updated MP1.5 to 1.6 and had some problems after the update (not worth getting into here). The result is that I then performed a clean install to start over from scratch. The clean install fails to see all but 3 of our previously recorded TV shows. It will record new shows, and those are successfully added to the database. But old shows are not added to the database (except for the 3 outliers).

I did some digging and found these threads…

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/recorded-tv-database-import-missing-xml-files.118231/
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/tv-recordings-xml-missing.81131/

I checked, and sure enough, the three shows that MP can see DO have xml files. However, none of the rest of our 100+ previously recorded shows have XML files. This explains why MP cannot import them to the database, but it does not explain why MP stopped creating XML files. The three shows that do have XML files were recorded prior to Jan 2013, the shows that do not have XML files were recorded Jan 2013 or later. Also worth noting, the clean install of MP 1.6 is also not creating XML files.

This leads me to two questions:

1) Is there a way to auto-generate the missing XML files so that my previously recorded shows can be imported into MP? Alternatively, is there a way to import without XML files? I know I can watch these shows in VLC or Plex, but I’d like to watch them in MP if possible.

2) How do I tell MP to generate XML files for future recordings? The thread linked above mentions a mysql workbench. A Google search shows that I can download the program, but is the workbench already included with MP somewhere, or is there another way to make this XML change without installing additional software? Also note, the MP clean install updated SQL to 5.6.

Thanks for any help on these issues. This is my last hurdle (other than waiting for an update to the Fanart Handler for SQL 5.6) to configuring the clean install of 1.6.

--Jon

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom