xmltv 2 ? (source + binary now available) (1 Viewer)

niblick

Portal Member
December 18, 2006
Thanks for the work you've done on this Laban - it's a big step forward.

I've come across a couple of problems using a tvguide.lst file to import multiple xml listings :

The tvguide.lst file seems to be locked until I stop the tvservice so I can't change the modified date to trigger a new import.

The "Delete old data .. " option is cool but with multiple files it seems to be invoked for each file rather than just once at the start of the import.

The "Load/Refresh" button on the mappings tab gives and error about not being able to find the tvguide.xml file - looks like it doesn't recognise a .lst file with multiple xml listings.

I hope you can solve these - I'd hate to have to give up your improvements to this plugin.

Laban

Portal Pro
July 1, 2007
Luleå
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Try with this version. Haven't got any time (htpc is busy :)) to test this until tomorrow though but it might work :)

I'll do some testing tomorrow though and will update the main .zip if it looks ok.

BestRip

Portal Member
February 20, 2007
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
THANK YOU Laban! Looks like a very nice improvement to the xmltv epg.

I have a similar problem as a few other users, the tvguide.lst file. I have searched my harddrive and I cannot find the tvguide.lst file anywhere. I suppose there is a step in the activation of the epg or mp installation that I have not done but I cannot find that step.

I recieve the channels I'm trying to grab epg data for.
Does anyone know what is wrong here... :confused:

Laban

Portal Pro
July 1, 2007
Luleå
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
The tvguide.lst file should only be used when you're using multiple grabbers.
It should look something like this if that's the case:

tvguide_swe.xml
tvguide_fin.xml

Both these files are then imported. You could then uncheck the tvguide.xml checkbox.

So just uncheck the tvguide.lst checkbox if you only have one grabber.

BestRip

Portal Member
February 20, 2007
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks Laban!

So now I get a list of the channels in the Tuning channel column but totally empty in the Guide channel column... and all the "flags" are red... I'm sure this is not a bug or so in the xlmTV2 pgm but I really appreciate any and all help I can get to get MP to work properly! :)

niblick

Portal Member
December 18, 2006
Hi Laban,

Tried your modified dll last night - seems to work perfectly. The 3 problems I had have all gone.

I'll try a scheduled job on my server now and see how it goes for a few weeks.

Thanks again

Rikl64

Portal Member
June 25, 2007
Home Country
Wales Wales
No data available in EPG

Tried this with the latest SVN and TV3 server and the XMLTVimport2 works fine for the group I created and displays the channel info in MP. On paging down the EPG all channels blank to "No data available". A forced import reloads temporarily only to exhibit the same behaviour. :mad:

Any ideas on why this is happening?

TIA

Laban

Portal Pro
July 1, 2007
Luleå
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Tried this with the latest SVN and TV3 server and the XMLTVimport2 works fine for the group I created and displays the channel info in MP. On paging down the EPG all channels blank to "No data available". A forced import reloads temporarily only to exhibit the same behaviour. :mad:

Any ideas on why this is happening?

TIA

Do you have the "Delete old data before import" enabled ? Perhaps there's something wrong there, though it seems to work for me. There's a bug when using the .lst files which i fixed in the release that i put in one of my previous posts here. Try with that if you're using multiple tvguide files. I'll put that file in the main post also.

Might also be some conflict with the std EPG loader.

Roo

Portal Member
January 7, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
TV-Server Version: Rev 15599
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 RC1 Rev 15599
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two
Windows Version: Windows XP SP 2
CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP 2400
HDD: Maxtor 10GB
Memory: 512 MB
Motherboard: Chaintech 7VIF4
Motherboard Chipset: VIA KM400 + VT8235
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: XFX Geforce4 Ti 4200
Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.9371
Sound Card: Sound Blaster ES1371 or ES1373
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: 5.1.2535.0
1. TV Card: Nebula PCI
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: BDA 1.111
MPEG2 Video Codec: NVidia
MPEG2 Audio Codec: NVidia

Hello.

I'm trying to get my head around how MediaPortal, XMLTV and everything else fits together, but I think I'm getting there.

My problem at the moment appears to be that XMLTV2 just sits there with the message

tvguide.xml: already importing...

and doesn't get any further. I've stripped my XMLTV import back to just a few channels and now for just one day but it never seems to finish importing. :confused:

Also, is there a way to completely disable the over the air EPG and delete the old EPG from Mediaportal? Where does the imported OTA EPG and imported XMLTV information end up?

Help appreciated, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom