[solved] XMLTV Channel Selection (1 Viewer)

Tomkon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2021
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am using MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. I use the XMLTV plugin with Schedules Direct to get my Guide data.

In the TV setup interface under Plugins->XmlTv->Mappings, the Guide channel selection does not have one of the OTA stations listed that I watch. How does the list get created? Is it downloaded from Schedules Direct, or from some other source? Is there a way to edit the list and add a missing station?

Thanks,

jfd553

Portal Member
    January 2, 2016
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    ... Is it downloaded from Schedules Direct, or from some other source? Is there a way to edit the list and add a missing station?
    It is downloaded from Schedules Direct.
    First, take a look at the tvguide.xml file (or xmltv.xml if you haven't rename it yet) and search for the missing station name (eg WCAX) to make sure you're actually getting it from Schedule Direct. If it is there, you can go further by using the channel id (e.g. "I3.4.110700.schedulesdirect.org") to search for programs description.

If you can't find the station name or any programs description, log in to your Schedules Direct account and make sure you've provided the correct zip code. If the zip code is OK, click on Report Lineup Problems.

otherwise, it is something else and can't help.

Tomkon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2021
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks jfd553,

Yes, I figured out it does download from Schedules Direct. I had done what you suggested and checked my download file for that specific channel number and could not find it. So I submitted a request to update the Schedules Direct data for my area. Took a few weeks but I just heard back 3 days ago that it had been updated now. I went into the TV setup and now saw the channel I was missing and it is working.

Problem resolved :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom