XMLTV import skips some channels but not all (1 Viewer)

Mercbac

Portal Pro
March 20, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
After reading the other related XMLTV import problem threads it seems no-one has seen my scenario yet, so I hope I can describe it in enough detail that someone can spot the obvious silly detail I haven't found yet...
Running MP 1.0.0.0 RC1 with single seat server installation on Vista Ultimate 32-bit and MySQL as dbms, I have created a WebEPG.xml file by using Web-config.exe. The xml file is in C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\WebEPG.
Next, I ran WebEPG.exe in order to create the tv-guide.xml file, which was created in C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\XMLTV (Yes the dtd file is also there). Last step I manually press "import" on the Server Config -> Plugins -> XMLTV screen and wait for it to finish. On the Mappings-tab, the mappings look fine and also seem to match what I see in the WebEPG.xml file.
It tells me 6035 programs imported. However, running a count on the string "<programme " in my tv-guide.xml file gives 10685 lines, so obviously 4650 lines were not imported. For example, all of the programs on channel "Nickelodeon" are not imported.

I thought I would trick the import and copy / paste the entire block of Nickelodeon programs higher up in the tv-guide.xml file (inbetween two other channels), but it gives me the same result of 6035 programs imported...

In the logfile it says at the bottom that 40 channels were imported. Now I do indeed have 40 channels defined in my WebEPG.xml file, but if you look at the details of imported programs per channel, there are obviously a number of channels skipped and not imported.

Attached are my WebEPG.xml, tv-guide.xml and tv.log files.

And now I hope that someone can tell me which obvious detail I have missed....

Thanks in advance!!

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    The attached log file seems to be corrupt. I think I have the same problem but I was not able to retrieve logs of it. How do you enable logging of import events?

Roby

Mercbac

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The .zip file was compressed with high compression in Winzip 11 (took an extra 200KB off the filesize) so you'll need that one to unpack it. Just did it on my work-PC where I don't have a local copy of that attachment and all 3 included files look fine.
    On my HTPC, the tv.log automatically logs import events. I did read in another thread though that it could help to delete the entire log directory under the TV server if it only logs one line.

EDIT: The behaviour does seem consistent with newer downloaded tvguide.xml files, but it did not happen on my previous MP install with 0.2.3.0 + SVN 2008-03-14

Mercbac

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, I caused it myself, so no blame on the importer... What happened was that I uninstalled my previous MP 0.2.3.0 install, but exported all TV channels from my TV server database before uninstalling. After installing 1.0.0.0 RC1 I imported that list and somehow the column 'externalId' in the table 'channels' was left blank for exactly those channels that were being skipped by the importer. After fixing them in MySQL Query Browser the importer now picks up these channels too.
    So lesson learned is that it's always best to start from scratch and get rid of the old stuff. Nothing beats a clean install!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom