xmltv plugin "No xmltv file found" (1 Viewer)

ehab

July 21, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Total channels imported: 0
Total programs imported: 0
Import status: tvguide.xml:No xmltv file found;

i followed all the steps in this page http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...tion/TV-Server_Configuration/13_Plugins/XmlTv

I found the hidden file "xmltv.dtd" where they said, and i copied the "guide.xml" -from WebGrab- in that folder [C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\xmltv]
but that's the result i got

I'm using WebGrab+Plus to generate "guide.xml"

thanks a lot
Ehab

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Ehab :)

The file must be named "tvguide.xml". If it is "guide.xml" then it won't work.

Regards,
    mm

ehab

July 21, 2015
    Home Country
    xmltv1.png xmltv2.png tvguide.png
    Hello and welcome Ehab :)

The file must be named "tvguide.xml". If it is "guide.xml" then it won't work.

Regards,
    mm

Hi,
    thank you, and excuse me I don't know much about these programs
    I did that but nothing has changed!
    i get the same thing =>

-Total channels imported: 0
    -Total programs imported: 0
    -Import status: tvguide.xml:No xmltv file found;

here's the folder i choose for xmlTv plugin tvguide.png

best regards,
    Ehab

EDIT!
    i tried a to make a new guide.xml with WebGrab+Plus, then i copied everything into a new file and named it "tvguide.xml" and i saved it in that folder, and now there are 127 channels imported, but still i can't map them!

Last edited:

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    just to confirm you have things setup, double check you have "Import new tvguide.xml" checked "on", went to the mappings page setup your channels pressed "save", and then pressed "import".

It would help if you uploaded the log files in the "Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log" folder. you should also also use a web browser (firefox chrome etc) to open the tvguide.xml file, maybe something in the file is causing problems. If the tvguide.xml is real big, it could take a long time to open the file with a browser.

ehab

July 21, 2015
    Home Country
    just to confirm you have things setup, double check you have "Import new tvguide.xml" checked "on", went to the mappings page setup your channels pressed "save", and then pressed "import".

It would help if you uploaded the log files in the "Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log" folder. you should also also use a web browser (firefox chrome etc) to open the tvguide.xml file, maybe something in the file is causing problems. If the tvguide.xml is real big, it could take a long time to open the file with a browser.

Hi RonD, thanks for your help
    i did that and i got 127 imported channels, but nothing else, and i still cannot map!
    please take a look at these 2 screenshots
    xmltv1.png xmltv2.png

I found many files in the log folder, i hope this is the right one

thank you very much
    Ehab

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    have you already setup your tuner cards, done a channel scan, and see channels in the setuptv.exe "tv channels" section?
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ration/TV-Server_Configuration/03_TV_Channels

assuming you have, in xmltv > mappings, you need to use "group" to select a channel group like "All Channels" then press "load" to get the channels. After pressing "load", you should see see at least the "Tuning Channels", you may need to manually setup the "Guide Channels". the following setup guide give info on how to setup xmltv. the "channel mapping" section should apply to using WebGrabPlus.

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._TV_Setup/4_TV_Guide_Setup_(EPG)/XMLTV_mc2xml

ehab

July 21, 2015
    Home Country
    have you already setup your tuner cards, done a channel scan, and see channels in the setuptv.exe "tv channels" section?
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ration/TV-Server_Configuration/03_TV_Channels

assuming you have, in xmltv > mappings, you need to use "group" to select a channel group like "All Channels" then press "load" to get the channels. After pressing "load", you should see see at least the "Tuning Channels", you may need to manually setup the "Guide Channels". the following setup guide give info on how to setup xmltv. the "channel mapping" section should apply to using WebGrabPlus.

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._TV_Setup/4_TV_Guide_Setup_(EPG)/XMLTV_mc2xml

Hi, thanks again RonD
    I tried to read all of these instructions, but i don't know what's going wrong with my MP
    I feel bad now!

I tried to get "ustvnow" channels this time [I mean shorter list, only 25] but i got the same result
    xmltv3.png xmltv4.png

and here's the tvguide.xml file that WebGrab+ generated

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I tried to read all of these instructions, but i don't know what's going wrong with my MP
    Okay, simple question: do you have a tuner?

From the log files that you posted earlier it looks like you don't.
    If you don't have a tuner then you can't have scanned for channels.
    If you haven't scanned for channels then you won't have any channels in the TV Server configuration "TV Channels" or "Radio Channels" sections.
    If you haven't got any channels then you won't be able to import EPG with the XMLTV plugin.

In short: no tuner => no point in using TV Server. In such a situation (no tuner, no channels), nothing would be "wrong" with your MP. What you're seeing would be expected and normal.

If you want to watch internet TV such as USTVNow with MediaPortal then I suggest you look at the OnlineVideos plugin:
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/movies-videos/onlinevideos

I'm not saying that the OnlineVideos plugin will work with USTVNow. It may not. What I do know is that TV Server can't help you access USTVNow.

ehab

July 21, 2015
    Home Country
    Okay, simple question: do you have a tuner?

From the log files that you posted earlier it looks like you don't.
    If you don't have a tuner then you can't have scanned for channels.
    If you haven't scanned for channels then you won't have any channels in the TV Server configuration "TV Channels" or "Radio Channels" sections.
    If you haven't got any channels then you won't be able to import EPG with the XMLTV plugin.

In short: no tuner => no point in using TV Server. In such a situation (no tuner, no channels), nothing would be "wrong" with your MP. What you're seeing would be expected and normal.

If you want to watch internet TV such as USTVNow with MediaPortal then I suggest you look at the OnlineVideos plugin:
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/movies-videos/onlinevideos

I'm not saying that the OnlineVideos plugin will work with USTVNow. It may not. What I do know is that TV Server can't help you access USTVNow.

Hi, and thanks so much for your replies
    I guess, you are right, because i tried to scan for channels and nothing showed up!
    xmltv5.png xmltv7.png xmltv8.png xmltv9.png

"ustvnow" was an example. what i really need is Arabic channel EPG from "shoofeetv"

to be honest, I feel stupid when i use this program, and i'm about to give up! :confused:
    if you know anything i need to configure this, i will be so grateful

thanks again
    Ehab

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom