XMLTV porblems: timezone, tvguide.xml, etc... (1 Viewer)

DocGolden

Portal Member
April 21, 2006
South Dakota
mzemina said:
DocGolden - Why can't you be that person who updates the wiki? Someone new is the best person to provide documentation! If you like MediaPortal (and I assume you can't program) you can help MP by providing like your nickname leads us to believe - that you are like gold in documenting? Even something is better than nothing, give it a shot then maybe that will help others to document more!

I know, I know. Jump in and contribute! :lol: I am hoping to do so, but right now, I'm stretched a bit thin w/ my day job, a side business, and a wife & 3 toddlers who want some time from me as well. As it is MP sucked up a good chunk of my weekend, so the lawn's calling now!

My nick isn't b/c I'm great at writing docs - I'm actually a programmer by day (and night w/ my side business). It's partly based off my initials MD. But I'm not a doctor in real life - I just play one through my signature... 8)

I'll try to have a go w/ the wiki later this week.

Thanks!

Glith

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I reinstalled MP yesterday and also XMLTV. I got it right on my first try. =)

I just made sure the "Use time zone information from XMLTV file" is unchecked and kept the compensation at 0 0 like it is default.

:D

t029248

Portal Member
March 27, 2006
Holanda
This whole XMLTV thing sucks, it's nice once it's working but for new users it's hell. I don't understand why xmltv isn't improved yet to be more userfriendly!?!?

Well it took me some hours to figure out how to set this up with tvserver and still the time it +2000 ...

To be honest why it can't be like the EPG in MCE.. (quick and easy)

This shit must be from hell! And those are the small things keeping novice users away form MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom