XmlTv setup : Error importing file (1 Viewer)

jfd553

Portal Member
January 2, 2016
Home Country
Canada Canada
I get an error trying to setting up my EPG...

tvguide.xml:Invalid XML file: Could not find the file 'C:\Progra [Can't see more info since the import status report window do not allow to see more]

I am trying to setup MediaPortal2 (first attempt with MediaPortal) on Windows 10 64 bits (upgrade from Windows 7 professional).
I use Schedule Direct to get the EPG data.

The C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\xmltv folder contains...
mc2xml.exe
mc2xml.dat
tvguide.xml (after renaming it)
xmltv.dtd

Everything seems right when looking int files. Any idea?

jfd553

Portal Member
January 2, 2016
Home Country
Canada Canada
Self-debugging...
I found that the xmltv.dtd file was actually named xmltv.dtd.txt after enabling the view file extension option in explorer.

Import seems to run now but I still have no import status after 15 min.
I might have to start another tread ;-(

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Import seems to run now but I still have no import status after 15 min.
    Depending on how much data you are importing the first import can last more than one hour. This will be much faster later as then only the changes need to be imported..

jfd553

Portal Member
    January 2, 2016
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I finally got data in my TV guide after the import ran for almost two hours!

Another problem I met in my previous attempt is that I first had to check the UTF8 box when running mc2xml.exe.

According to this thread (1) the import stuck when there are bad characters in the tvguide.xml. Since I am listening to both English and French channels (with accent in titles and program descriptions) all the accents are transformed into bad characters without UTF8 option (maybe something to add somewhere in the wiki?).

(1) https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/xmltv-import-stucks.134343/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom