XMLTV Setup / HowTo (?) (1 Viewer)

FreQi

Portal Member
June 10, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have been trying to figure out how to get program data for my ATSC and QAM channels for a while now and I am coming up empty handed. I thought I was getting somewhere when I downloaded the windows compile of XMLTV from SourceForge, configured it and saved the --output, but when I tried to import the .xml, I am getting an error about an unexpected end of file (attached).

I have found the whole process of fetching the xmltv data to be rather confusing, and the only guide or instructions I could find are pre-tvserver (here). Is there anything ore up to date that I have just not been able to find?

FreQi

Portal Member
June 10, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Well I thinkg I figured out one of the problems I was having. I was using xmltv.exe to download the schedule manually on one machine then I copied it over to the MediaPortal machine. What I didn't think about was the .dtd file that comes with xmltv is not the same as the .dtd that comes with MediaPortal. Because the dtd determines the way that the xml file is written, it's pretty easy to see that the xml I was generating wasn't something that MediaPortal could import properly.

So I copied the dtd to the same place that I run the xmltv.exe from and re-downloaded the schedule and blam-o, TVServer was able to import it.

:D

Now I have to figure out how to either run xmltv.exe regularly to get updates, or if I should figure out that plugin now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom