XP Config advice (1 Viewer)

StuckInTheMu

Portal Member
May 3, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Running MediaPortal on an XP machine, is there any advice with respect to fine tuning MP and the OS for maximum performance?

What thread priority should MP be running (default in TVServer and MP are Normal, is tis optimal)?

Is there anything than ought to be tweaked on XP (thinking foreground/background task priority, keeping DLL's in memory etc.)

The machine is dedicated to running as a media centre.
TV cards are 2x Nebula DVB-T PCI.

Jim

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What thread priority should MP be running (default in TVServer and MP are Normal, is tis optimal)?

There are posts regarding changing these settings, but everyone is answered by a dev with "do not change", personally never changed this as cannot see any advantage.

If its a dedicated htpc, then there's nothing to give priority over anyway :)

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I have both mine set to high, and have never experienced any problems. As PD said, if nothing else is running, then everything should be fine -a s noting will try and steal the CPU.

I have a few utils running in the background on mine, so I set MP to high so that they are never higher priority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom