Xpert PVR 713X and Microsoft remote control not working (1 Viewer)

wayne26yrs

November 26, 2005
:roll:
I have installed media portal and everything is workingm exept remote and tv.

I have a Xpert PVR 713X PCI TV capture card, which comes up in the add capture card in tv setup, (it says capture card V-stream which sounds right cos thats what it says when I use PVR Plus - the software that came with the capture card) But when i go through the setup menu in media portal, it asks which remote control I have, and I select Europien, (the picture looks like my remote) then next, but it says no tv capture card detected.

So there's no tv when i click my tv, and the remote doesnt work. I have intalled the drivers for the remote from windows media center, which i took from someone's computer. It looks like its installed properly in devive manager. The remote is a microsoft 1039 with usb reciever.

If anyone could point me in the right direction to getting this solved, that would be great, been trying to install windows media center for ages(free if poss cos havent got the 80quid) then come across this, which is just the same for free, just need to sort it out, hope to hear from someone soon.

Im running xp home, cheers

havocthief

Portal Member
November 27, 2005
I am in the same position.

Running XP Home SP1, with Media Center European remote (2005).

In device manager it looks as if he drivers have installed fine, yet the remote does nothing in Windows or MediaPortal, despite being selected as the control device.

wayne26yrs

November 26, 2005
post update

:roll:

after looking through Media Portal settings, managed to get tv working, but its a bit temprimental, doesnt always come on, but with some more looking at will prob work ok.

Another thing i cant seem to do is get media portal to play my movies, ive pointed it to the directory where they're stored, but doesnt list them in my movies (apart from a sample wmv that came on windows media center; intro.wmv) strange but suppose thats a software topic.

remote still not working

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom