YAC Caller ID set-up (1 Viewer)

Swede

Portal Pro
September 6, 2006
West Coast Archipelago
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
If watching TV when it pops up the message and you have to click ok to clear it, whereupon another window pops up with the channel icon in it? so another remote press of OK is required. The message ought to disappear after about 10 seconds automatically without popping up a second window.

MediaPortal already has an ISDN Caller ID plug-in built in. It's named "ISDN Caller-ID" and should be part of the default install. It already had Outlook lookup and media pausing. It's actually where I got most of the code I used for the YAC plugin. I did fix a few bugs in it while I was working on the YAC code, but it should work pretty well out of the box. IIRC, the bugs were that it ignored the setting about resuming on timeout and didn't always get the pictures from Outlook correctly.

I submitted the patches nearly a year ago. They're still sitting on the patch queue, #1784852 and #1784840. I guess nobody could be bothered to review them and commit them. It's too bad because it really killed my interest in working on enhancements for MediaPortal.

This bug(?) still exists. :( Could someone please have a looksie at that? I wish I knew how, then I would do it...:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom