Yahoo Grabber with new HD channels (1 Viewer)

pipeme

Portal Member
May 28, 2007
Home Country
Hi

I edited my yahoo grabber file to include the 7HD and 10 HD channels now available. I thought some Aussies in Melbourne might find it useful.

It needs to go into the "\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\WebEPG\Grabbers\AU" directory. Once copied run the webepg config app and you will now see an entry for the new channels (7HD-vic-metro@seven.com.au and 10HD-vic-metro@ten.com.au) listed, use them for the corresponding HD channels. Re-run the grabber app to pull down the new listings and VOILA!

I tested it on my own setup and it works fine, hopefully it does for you.

enjoy!

pipeme

Portal Member
May 28, 2007
Home Country
Ok, some more time today, so here is what you do for people in other states.

1. Go to the Yahoo site and bring up their TV guide for your location.
2. mouse over the channel name (ie: 7HD) and the link will appear at the bottom of the IE window (if you don't get that, just right click on the link select "copy shortcut" and paste it into notepad).
3. The number you need is the one after the "venue=" text (ie: 7HD VIC is http://au.tv.yahoo.com/tv-guide/search/index.html?venue=388547
4. Now open your yahoo grabber file and copy & paste the SD channel entry so it is now in the list twice.
5. Edit the copied line, using the above "Venue" number as the "SiteID" in the grabber file (ie: <Channel id="7HD-vic-metro@seven.com.au" siteId="388547" />. Don't forget to change the "Channel Id" also, so you know which one is the HD entry.
6. Save the file and re-run the grabber setup, etc, etc. done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom